Portholes

breadandbutter

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering how?  Since by definition an inside cabin is one that does not touch the hull; how do you have anything except a virtual porthole.

Don't know how but have one booked on Carnival and it is classed as an inside.    

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Wondering how?  Since by definition an inside cabin is one that does not touch the hull; how do you have anything except a virtual porthole.

I'd never heard of such a thing either. 

A quick Google search turned up this video of a Carnival "interior porthole cabin."   I still find it bizarre that this is called an "interior" cabin.    The things you learn here on CC!  🙂 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I'd never heard of such a thing either. 

A quick Google search turned up this video of a Carnival "interior porthole cabin."   I still find it bizarre that this is called an "interior" cabin.    The things you learn here on CC!  🙂 

That is hysterical but what is even funnier is that the happy Carnival cruiser giving the tour truly believes he is in an interior room, even as he goes into detail about the ocean view and the waves splashing against the window.  Thanks for posting this!!

31 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Call it what you want---it's not an interior.

While I agree with you on that the price point was defiantly interior (a fair bit cheaper than the oceanview)

12 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I believe there are ships (non-Celebrity of course) with an interior "plaza" and interior cabins that overlook it. I don't know if you'd classify those windows as portholes or something else.

Royal has some interior balcony's on the big ships that overlook the promenade

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

That is hysterical but what is even funnier is that the happy Carnival cruiser giving the tour truly believes he is in an interior room, even as he goes into detail about the ocean view and the waves splashing against the window.  Thanks for posting this!!

You’re welcome. It is rather amazing.

What I find particularly interesting is that when cruise lines use misleading descriptions for cabins, it’s usually to make them sound like they are in a higher category than they really are. For example, using the word “suite” in the description (e.g., mini-suite), when the cabin category isn’t really a suite and doesn’t have suite benefits. But here, Carnival is doing the opposite — calling something an “interior” cabin, when there’s the ocean right there lapping up against the glass! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Carnival does list Cabin 1202 as "Interior Upper/Lower Category 1A"