P&O Miserable Website & Customer Service strikes Again

Cpt Pugwash

Have cruise booked for next year noticed on My P&O Page the intinery is different from what is advertised so phoned Customer Services to ask why, Nobody Knows just tried to make up excuses up the spur of the moment to find a excuse.

Luckily for me it's a long way off so will wait and see what happens as booked this cruise especially to go back to Flam and on My P&O Page it doesn't mention Flam, or Olden which i not bothered about. 🙄

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

They’d probably still use that excuse if one of their ships hit an iceberg.

Apparently it is taking longer to answer emails 'due to this time of operational pause...' Whatever that means.

7 hours ago, Danamis said:

Apparently it is taking longer to answer emails 'due to this time of operational pause...' Whatever that means.

Hilarious!  Another gem from P&O's Department of Ludicrous Excuses.  

Translated:  "We've unfortunately run out of 'operational reasons' to excuse us for bad service, and we know you're all getting a bit fed up with that one anyway, so we're pausing that excuse until our back room boys have worked out a new one to taunt you with. Further details at Christmas.  2024.  If possible"

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hilarious!  Another gem from P&O's Department of Ludicrous Excuses.  

Translated:  "We've unfortunately run out of 'operational reasons' to excuse us for bad service, and we know you're all getting a bit fed up with that one anyway, so we're pausing that excuse until our back room boys have worked out a new one to taunt you with. Further details at Christmas.  2024.  If possible"

Ha ha. True! They can't blame their poor admin on Covid forever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

Actually they can as covid is growing rapidly again with the new strains.

Shhhh……..it’s perfectly true, but not on message. The official line is that it’s all over, live with it, business as normal, stop fussing.  🤮

• Haha 3

Our past experience of P&O customer service has to say the very least been abysmally poor. For instance replying  about transferring a cruise to another ship after they cancelled our cruise, 12 days after the alternative cruise had sailed. Not to mention not informing us of the cancellation in the first place (we found out by chance from this very forum 4 days prior to sailing).

However, yesterday my daughter contacted P&O regarding our upcoming holiday and an I.T. issue (surprise, surprise) and the lady that she spoke to could not have been more pleasant to deal with or more helpful.

We heard the whole conversation on speaker phone, and speak as you find we give P&O a very positive ten out of ten on this occasion.

11 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Shhhh……..it’s perfectly true, but not on message. The official line is that it’s all over, live with it, business as normal, stop fussing.  🤮

I’m saying nothing, as was put on naughty step last time I mentioned it

On 7/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, Cruise_Christy said:

Is this a 7 night Norwegian Fjord cruise? But amusingly my excursions offers me the ability to book for Olden, but when I go to the itinerary, Olden isn't even listed on there and it's different. I'm assuming it'll fix itself.

Yes 7 Nights Fjords but not until next year though they did try to make the excuse it was because the shore trips were not available yet for the ruise i booked but that was a load of rubbish as the 2 other ports were shown. Simply Didn't have a Clue Why 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Flam was not allowing ships the other day. I am not sure why, but a captain for Azamara posted he was not allowed to go to Flam. He did make another stop.

Apparently Flam now has a 5000 overall daily passenger limit for ships calling there however this limit can vary so maybe they had something going on shoreside on that day which attracted visitors.

• Thanks 1

I'm as quick as the next person to criticise P&O when their customer service is poor (as it often is), but I spoke to a young lady on Saturday morning about a shareholder issue and she could not have been more helpful - she emailed me all the info I needed and 30 mins after emailing the shareholder department, my OBC had been applied. Excellent service.

• Like 1