Speciality dining WOS

Have reserved 3 night speciality dining and cant decide which restaurants do choose. It will be my first cruise so have nothing to compare with. We think Chops of course and maybe 150 central park. So the last one will be either Wonderland or Giovannis. Any tips? We will visit three Italian ports and will eat a lot of Italian food there but giovannis has always good reviews. Wonderland seems so cool. Its difficult to decide😀

Edited by cruises89

5 minutes ago, cruises89 said:

Have reserved 3 night speciality dining and cant decide which restaurants do choose. It will be my first cruise so have nothing to compare with. We think Chops of course and maybe 150 central park. So the last one will be either Wonderland or Giovannis. Any tips? We will visit three Italian ports and will eat a lot of Italian food there but giovannis has always good reviews. Wonderland seems so cool. Its difficult to decide😀

I'd recommend Wonderland; it was very interesting and creative and definitely worth doing once.  The food itself wasn't that spectacular once you get past the uniqueness and presentation so once is enough.  Chops is great, 150 Central is okay (personally I'd take Hooked or Giovannis over 150 Central).  Have a great time, WOS is a terrific ship.  Though it is huge, it doesn't feel overwhelming.

• Like 1

Chops and 150 are our favorites - so good choices there.  Wonderland is worth doing once - definitely get the chocolate globe desert.

Giovannis is really good Italian food and pasta, so you can't go wrong there either.

• Like 1

Depending on your port schedule try to do a brunch or lunch at Mason Jar. It is Southern comfort food, and Wonder is the only ship that has this restaurant. We did brunch and also did a dinner, really enjoyed the place. 

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Depending on your port schedule try to do a brunch or lunch at Mason Jar. It is Southern comfort food, and Wonder is the only ship that has this restaurant. We did brunch and also did a dinner, really enjoyed the place. 

Thanks. Maybe on the sea day. Its a very port intensive itinerary and late departures every day so I dont think we will be eating lunch on the ship 

• Like 1

We sailed on the Wonder in May.  We dined in two specialty restaurants (Hooked and Wonderland) --they were both excellent.  Wonderland is definitely worth it for the experience alone.  Unfortunately, we've never had a good meal at Giovanni's (however, any restaurant is subjective to the individual person).

• Like 1

We sailed in April and ate at the following:

Chops - great place and excellent steak

Hooked - nice place but way too much middle of the road food

150 - very good restaurant but my choices were 'really' small...my wifes were good

Giovannis - very nice and good Italian food

People we spoke to who had been to Wonderland liked the restaurant but said some of their food choices were 'strange'...but of course they could appeal to you.

Mason Jar got good reviews for its food.

• Like 1

Sailed Wonder out of Ft. Lauderdale earlier this year and had the ultimate dining package. Tried all options except Izumi. My opinion in order:

Chops, 150, Wonderland (unless you've experienced before), Mason Jar, Hooked and Giovanni's. 

• Like 1

We have done a lot of specialty dining over 20 years of cruising and prefer Giovannis.  We have had the most inconsistency with Chops, both in steak quality and server attitude.  Surprisingly Giovanni steaks are consistently better than Chops, in our experience, and we love the Italian gelato sampler of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry to follow.

And Giovanni staff, just like Avis, try harder.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PashaPoo said:

We have done a lot of specialty dining over 20 years of cruising and prefer Giovannis.  We have had the most inconsistency with Chops, both in steak quality and server attitude.  Surprisingly Giovanni steaks are consistently better than Chops, in our experience, and we love the Italian gelato sampler of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry to follow.

And Giovanni staff, just like Avis, try harder.

I too prefer the steaks in Giovanni's.  And, they come with a lot less attitude.

• Like 1