Diamond Princess Cabins Forward Lido Recommendations Please

mbglib

Hello, I am considering booking L229 on Diamond Princess.  I am aware it is under the Lotus Spa Pool.  Has anyone stayed near or in this cabin (or one on similar ships)? If so, were there noises from the pool equipment?  

Also, I am considering L249.  Would you recommend that location over L229?

I am aware that that far forward and high on the ship will have more movement.  I usually stay on the forward Lido and so far not a problem, but not on this type of ship.

I have added the deck plan of the Lido and of the Sun above it.

One more question:  it appears the Diamond Princess does not have an International Cafe, does it have anything similar to replace it?

Thank you for any recommendations and information you may have,

Lisa

lido2.jpg

lido1.jpg

I would probably book L249 over L229. My only reason for saying that is that we were under a pool once and there was some noise in the wee hours when they were cleaning and running the pump. L249 is just under a changing room, so I don't see how that could be noisy in the middle of the night. 

We're going to be on the Diamond for the first time in November this year, and the lack of the IC is a bit disappointing. I've looked at deck plans, and I don't see anything similar. 

3 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I would probably book L249 over L229. My only reason for saying that is that we were under a pool once and there was some noise in the wee hours when they were cleaning and running the pump. L249 is just under a changing room, so I don't see how that could be noisy in the middle of the night. 

We're going to be on the Diamond for the first time in November this year, and the lack of the IC is a bit disappointing. I've looked at deck plans, and I don't see anything similar. 

Thank you.

• Like 1