Quick Question??

Lisa616

The intinerary for the Caribbean says 'evening' for leaving port most days. Can someone tell me if the yacht leaves after dinner on most nights? I'm a little nervous of sea sickness and it would be nice to know that we were moving after our evening meal. Thanks so much!

Hi Lisa:

"Evening" can mean everything from around sundown until later at night after excursions to certain hot spots ashore. Always posted at the gangway is the intended sailing time. SeaDream Captains have much flexibility with the schedule and can stay later if passengers desire and weather permits. The other side of this is that sometimes weather conditions do not permit tendering ashore and ports might be skipped. No big deal in our experience as if they cannot stop as advertised, they try to make up at another spot. On our last Caribbean, weather was un cooperative at St. Martin so we re routed to alongside at Philipsburg St. Maarten. A good time was had by all. Enjoy. As far as the seasick, SD I and II have a very good motion. I have had worse rides on much larger vessels. The Captain takes motion into consideration, especially at mealtimes and trys his best to provide a good ride. If all else fails, the Doctor has an injection that works very well and lasts the duration of the cruise.

All the best,

Jim.

SeaDream generally cruises late into the night - especially in the Caribbean. Evenings can mean as late as 11PM - late evenings in the Med can mean 2 AM

Don't worry about motion...it is very smooth on SeaDream. Jim is correct - I have been on much worse on larger ships.

Archived