Specialty Dining / Kids Menu question

LMaxwell

Good afternoon - the HAL site says Kids 12 and under dine for half off in Specialty dining, or free off the Kids Menu. 

By Kids Menu, do they mean a scaled down/smaller portion version of the Specialty restaurant menu?

or

By Kids Menu, do they mean the same one served in MDR with kid staples like Pizza, Chicken Finger, Buger, Quesadilla?

31 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

By Kids Menu, do they mean a scaled down/smaller portion version of the Specialty restaurant menu?

or

By Kids Menu, do they mean the same one served in MDR with kid staples like Pizza, Chicken Finger, Buger, Quesadilla?

I was told that, even in a specialty restaurant, if a kid orders off of the MDR menu, it is free.

1 minute ago, ewildcat7 said:

I was told that, even in a specialty restaurant, if a kid orders off of the MDR menu, it is free.

Do you know if the half price Specialty charge is the regular specialty menu, or a "Kid-fied" version of that?  

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Do you know if the half price Specialty charge is the regular specialty menu, or a "Kid-fied" version of that?  

The last time I checked, kids (12 and under) were half price when eating the regular Specialty Restaurant menu.  If the kids opt for the MDR Kids Menu, there is no charge. Here are the MDR kid's menus:  MDR Kids Menu You can keep the menus so bring your own crayons/pencils to color the pictures.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

You can keep the menus so bring your own crayons/pencils to color the pictures.

Should my kid bring their own set, or is it more responsible as the parent that I bring enough for us to share 🙂 

Thank you for the link. 

• Haha 1

HAL used to provide crayons but discovered their white tablecloths suffered.  Kids will only receive the menus when eating with you, so no need to bring enough to share.  A cool pencil pouch would be a nice touch.

It is my experience that kids have so much fun in Club HAL, they are only seen during meal times.

The menus are in order of Days 1 - 7.  I would print out the menus, number them by cruise day, and let them be colored before dinner.  Maybe even colored before the cruise to really get your kid interested in all of the meal choices.

The colored menus will be a nice cruise memory for the family scrapbook.

• Like 3