Boston Hop on Hop off Trolly

Diane67B

Hello everyone! I waited too long to book the NCL Boston Hop on Hop off tour and now the excursion is sold out. I was wondering if any one has ever done the excursion separately from the cruise. The trolly goes right to the Black Falcon cruise terminal. It looks like I can just buy tickets online for 50 dollars each. What do you think? I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

We did it and it was great. Make sure you leave enough time to get back to the port. Traffic is wicked. We picked a few places to stop that looked interesting but didn't actually go in to any attractions or museums. Walked through the park, and on the Freedom Trail for a little bit and then picked up the bus at the next stop. Just be careful because one time the bus was packed and we couldn't get on. Long wait for an empty bus. Was thinking of doing it again this time but we don't get into port until 12 pm. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diane67B said:

Thank you so much! We get into port at 8 and are there all day. Booking it now. 

Perfect decision...It's not necessary to book this with the cruise line at all.

We actually purchased our HoHo tickets once we got there...a quick easy walk from the pier to where the trolly was parked. Don't forget to go into Quincey Mkt area...some great food options in the food court !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also be aware the Hop On Hop Off Trolley sometimes closes stops without any notice on the website or at the stop. I had that issue in June, called the office several times wondering where the trolley was. Finally the 3rd call, the customer service rep told me the stop I was waiting at was closed and the next stop was several blocks away in front of a certain hotel. She was less than helpful telling me how to walk to it. I had to look it up myself. No obvious notification on the website, and no signs at the bus stop.

• Thanks 1

Can you post the URL that you used to purchase the hop on hop off trolley tickets?

We were also told the NCL one is sold out and need tickets for 6 people.

Also where exactly at the port will you be able to board?

Thank you for all information.

Here's the direct link to the Boston Hop On/Hop Off Trolley, and if you are needing to be picked up and dropped off at the seaport, please note that specific area is only at certain times of the day.

It says the Seaport Loop is available from 9am-11am everyday.

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston#home-section

https://www.trolleytours.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/ott-boston-brochure-2022-05.pdf

I do want to repeat the warning that you can't always get on the next trolley when you arrive at a stop.  If it is full, it will simply drive by, and you wait for the next one that has room.  It can get pretty hairy in peak season.

11 hours ago, MAMA "B" said:

When you say, the cruiseport loop is available from 9AM - 11AM, does that mean it does not go back to the cruiseport after 11 AM?

I would suggest calling them directly, I just got that from their website. "Massport/Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal – This stop is part of the Seaport Loop – available 9am-12:30pm. "  Also good advice with the post above, if a trolley is full, you have to wait for the next one. I was told in June, they come every 15 minutes, every 20 minutes, every 30 minutes (depended on who I talked with). I never got off of the one I took and it didn't go to the cruise port loop as it was in the late afternoon.

• 9 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, Ashland said:

Perfect decision...It's not necessary to book this with the cruise line at all.

We actually purchased our HoHo tickets once we got there...a quick easy walk from the pier to where the trolly was parked. Don't forget to go into Quincey Mkt area...some great food options in the food court !!!

Great ideas here....my question is what do you do with your luggage?  Our cruise ends in Boston and we will have all of our luggage, headed to the airport that afternoon.