Docking With Mega Ship - Do I Need An Excursion?

biggieboy

I recently booked a cruise that stops at Grand Turk on HAL's Rotterdam. We are scheduled to be in port with the Carnival Celebration. I've been here with the Carnival Magic with 4,500 passengers and we were fine but it was a little crowded, especially in the pool area. Should I look at excursions or private beaches instead of sticking with the free chair areas?

Go to your right out of the Dufry shop. Less crowded.  Or you can go left and walk up to Jack's Shack.  That's the only place I know that open but there were other places at one time that closed during COVID and may be coming back.  Check your cruise line excursions for beach break excursions. There's a couple of spots up around the south end of Cockburntown where cruise sponsored excursions go and there's limited access.  Also Bohio Resort, north of town will allow cruisers to access their beach if they are not full with staying guests.  But that's first come first serve, although you might contact them to see if they have availability.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, biggieboy said:

I recently booked a cruise that stops at Grand Turk on HAL's Rotterdam. We are scheduled to be in port with the Carnival Celebration. I've been here with the Carnival Magic with 4,500 passengers and we were fine but it was a little crowded, especially in the pool area. Should I look at excursions or private beaches instead of sticking with the free chair areas?

I'll be on the Celebration Dec 21 for Grand Turk! So excited! But there are no private beaches btw. Everything is public and freeeeee. We are going to rent either a jeep or cart and explore and duck off to any beach area we want and just enjoy the geography. I'd do some whale excursions but it won't be season.