Avila Beach Hotel day pass

LadyBerard

2 hours ago, keys24 said:

We were there 1/31/23. We also scheduled through WhatsApp. They took our email and responded back with confirmation. Nice 45 minute stroll. $10 and great location! Plenty of loungers and good snorkeling. Clean bathrooms. We were unable  to get a taxi back, they took us with their van instead!

Good to know! I've been told we have a reservation through what's app earlier today, but haven't reeived the email yet. Hoping to secure a taxi both directions as I am recovering from an injury and the walk may be a bit too much for me yet. 

It is super easy to get a taxi at the pier.  Plus, they drop you off close to the ship on the return. The Pen Restaurant/Avila staff were very good at getting back to us.  One of my fellow cruisers mistakenly booked through Viator and paid more and had a few issues having her reservation confirmed.  Make sure you book directly with Avila.  It's actually a very neat, historical resort. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, keys24 said:

We were there 1/31/23. We also scheduled through WhatsApp. They took our email and responded back with confirmation. Nice 45 minute stroll. $10 and great location! Plenty of loungers and good snorkeling. Clean bathrooms. We were unable  to get a taxi back, they took us with their van instead!

Did you pay when you made reservation or at resort?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

How much was the taxi for this trip... one way, if you recall?

Sorry  - I have not done this yet - booked for this December.  I read somewhere maybe $20

Edited by abpplh

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We did this last February.  Lovely resort, nice quiet day.  

Mambo is a lot more lively and touristy and crowded.  We like both.

We had no issue getting a cab from the port to Avila.  We had an issue getting a cab back.

The front desk did call us a cab but they took forever to get there.  Keep that in mind timewise.

Cabs were about $25.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

We did this shore excursion through Shoreexcursions.com and it was wonderful, albeit a bit pricey. About $300 for the both of us, with towel service, sumptuous lunch with fancy drinks, loungers with umbrellas and very nice bath/changing rooms.  Oh, and transportation was included, but we needed to walk over to the Renaissance Hotel lobby for pick-up.  I  think they have changed this part, and now have a pier pick-up.  All around a great day.  

I will agree that the water/ocean is the very calm type, and I myself prefer some wave action.  The pool usage was not included in our package. 

On 2/4/2023 at 8:48 AM, Nashna said:

I am happy to report that the Avila Beach Club (Pen Restaurant) is wonderful. It is a great bargain at just $10.00 per person.  We opted to walk to Avila which was a big mistake.  It took us 45 to 50 minutes. Once we got by the main tourist areas, the sidewalks were uneven and at times, we had to walk in the roads.  Save yourself the time and effort and take a taxi from the pier for just $10.00 per person.  When you need to return to the ship, just ask the desk clerk to call you a taxi.  The beach area is spotless.  It is not a surf beach.  The beach is protected by rocks.  There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas.  Bar service was available, and the staff was friendly.  Reservations are simple to make online.  Your confirmation comes from the Pen Restaurant...not Avila.  Do not come here without reservations.  As we were checking in, two different groups were turned away without reservations.   

Thank you for your review, it sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day.  When I went to make a reservation online it took me to What's Ap. I left my request there but didn't receive a response. Is this how you made your reservation?  Hoping to visit in April 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Re: Avila

I emailed yesterday and received a prompt response…

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your message. The regular day pass (Nafl. 25 / $15 adults & Nafl. 15.00 / $9 kids 4-12). The daypass is from 8am till 6pm, payment is upon arrival by the front desk.

Includes:

• Beach access  
  • Pool access  
  • Access to beach chairs and umbrellas  
  • Usage of stand-up paddle boards
  • Usage of reef safe sunscreen

In order to make a reservation, we would need the following additional information:  

• Full name  
  • Email Address  
  • Phone number  
  • Amount of persons  
  • Date for the reservation
  • Ages of the kids  

Looking forwards to hearing from you.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2024 at 9:40 AM, deora24 said:

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your message. The regular day pass (Nafl. 25 / $15 adults & Nafl. 15.00 / $9 kids 4-12). The daypass is from 8am till 6pm, payment is upon arrival by the front desk.

Includes:

• Beach access  
  • Pool access  

In order to make a reservation, we would need the following additional information:  

• Full name  
  • Email Address  
  • Phone number  
  • Amount of persons  
  • Ages of the kids  

thanks for this info! I will try again : ) Happy cruising!

8 hours ago, Nashna said:

I have no idea why this resort is so reasonable.  It has to be one of the best bargains in the Caribbean.  

Are you able to give an approximate taxi fare cost to get there? If it’s per person or per taxi, that would be helpful to know, as well. Thanks. 

This was one way from Avila to the cruise ship.  It was $20.00 for the two of us.  This was in Janaury 2023.  You might want to check with Avila for today's rate.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

This was one way from Avila to the cruise ship.  It was $20.00 for the two of us.  This was in Janaury 2023.  You might want to check with Avila for today's rate.

Thanks so much for the information. It looks like a great place but we haven’t quite decided if we should take some sort of tour instead, since we have never been there before. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, deora24 said:

Dear Deborah,

Includes:

• Beach access  
  • Pool access  

• Full name  
  • Email Address  
  • Phone number  
  • Amount of persons  
  • Ages of the kids  

Thank you for recent information.  This looks like a place to go.  I used to go to another resort for the day but it appears it changed owners. I want to try this one!  Thank you.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:40 AM, deora24 said:

Dear Deborah,

Includes:

• Beach access  
  • Pool access  

• Full name  
  • Email Address  
  • Phone number  
  • Amount of persons  
  • Ages of the kids  

Hi Deborah...Sounds great...we are going to Curacao Dec.4th '24...do you have an e-mail you can post? I sent one yesterday ( I think it was "restaurants@avilahotels com"?)..DW & I like not too crowded..also does Avila have:  food & drinks, pool, hot tub (? ) and shade? Thanks so much!

Big Al

Big Al

Most of your questions are answered above in this post…I copied and pasted the response I received.  The email confirmation was from the on site restaurant.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to book when we got to Curaçao, and they were booked for both days.

If anyone really has their heart set on going there, definitely pre-book.

Since they were full, I asked for another recommendation and they gave me Lions Dive beach resort. It was fantastic, but more like a cove. They only charged 12.00 pp, and it was about 20 minutes from the port. The taxi was 10.00 pp each way. IMG_4218.thumb.jpeg.e86ec072dcabacb9ca67b768c90c21fa.jpeg

• Thanks 1