QV 10th July

stephenSJ

10 minutes ago, Gomac said:

Is this a permanent change? I hope not as the Verandah is one of our favourite parts of a Cunard cruise!

No I don't believe it is . On the cruise of the 5th June the Verandah offered a 'Themed Menu' in the evening ( in addition to the usual menu)  I can't remember what it was at the time,  However, speaking with the FB manager I understand this concept was a temporary and additional replacement for the 'Lido Alternative Dining', not yet in operation post pandemic. 

2 hours ago, Gomac said:

Is this a permanent change? I hope not as the Verandah is one of our favourite parts of a Cunard cruise!

I am glad you love the Verandah, but takes all sorts.  To me, a steakhouse is about the most boring and uninspired of all 'speciality' restaurants.  There are three within about a 10 mile drive of my home, so anything but special, I fear.  A gimmicky choice of cutlery doesn't do it for me,.

I will certainly be interested to see what 'Norwegian Themed' turns out to be.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WestonOne said:

I am glad you love the Verandah, but takes all sorts.  To me, a steakhouse is about the most boring and uninspired of all 'speciality' restaurants.  There are three within about a 10 mile drive of my home, so anything but special, I fear.  A gimmicky choice of cutlery doesn't do it for me,.

Each to their own I suppose but the quality and flavours have always been delightful (although I will say that I don’t think the lunch is as good). Certainly above that of our usual London go to steakhouses (Goodmans and Hawksmoor)…. In fact my partner prefers a visit to the Verandah over a visit to Le Gavroche!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WestonOne said:

I will certainly be interested to see what 'Norwegian Themed' turns out to be.

Weston One, I couldn't agree more with you , time 'Cunard Verandah' retuned back to a sophisticated French restaurant, those ridiculous 'butcher sack cloth aprons' the waiters have to wear, the black wooden boards as place mats, the copper bowls for additional vegetables - I remember these in the 70's in the Berni Inns restaurants  ( we though we were very posh ordering Black Forest Gateau )   ...and don't get me started about those sweet sticky bread rolls . 

I have to admit 🤫 I only book there to use up my complimentary voucher.   

So if they are keeping it a steakhouse for lunch then why on earth can't they say steakhouse on certain days and Nordly's on other days and then that would make everyone happy.

I could understand the logic of them saying it is easier if it was just one thing all the time but as they are already mixing and matching then it is surely not too much of an effort to mix and match the evenings.

I also enjoyed the choose your steak knife - though my lack of knowledge meant it felt more like choose your Harry Potter wand. For the Nordly's menu I wonder if they will have an equivalent "choose your weapon"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Looks a very nice menu can’t wait to try it out in two weeks  time really hoping the restaurant will still be open.👍

That menu might depend on what your Itinerary is  ?  if I remember, on my recent cruise down the Med the Themed menu was sort of Spanish ? 

It's a clever concept from the F&B department, a 'Route Specific' menu', which occasionally  appears on World Cruises in the main restaurants .  

Edited by Bell Boy

6 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

That menu might depend on what your Itinerary is  ?  if I remember, on my recent cruise down the Med the Themed menu was sort of Spanish ? 

It's a clever concept from the F&B department, a 'Route Specific' menu', which occasionally  appears on World Cruises in the main restaurants .  

Mmm think your right looks like we could be having a Spanish, Portuguese themed menu then for the B2B four day scenic voyage a Scottish menu, all sounds good to me.👍

• Like 1

Letter last night with 2 masks from qvmedic recommending wearing.

Letter today from carnival UK director asking masks to be worn everywhere except cabin

Corridors being fumigated. Crew at Eating venu doors squirting hands .

We did self disembark and were off the ship by 7.15 - easy.

Towards the end there was over 100 pax down with covid.

We were ok on the cruise but under 24 hours after disembarking my wife went down with a bad dose and is quite poorly., i have a muzzy head.

We felt most exposed in the MDR as although we had a table for 2 over 6ft from closest next table as the cruise went on the closest 3 tables all became empty. It could be the waiters transferred it as they go from table to table collecting used dishes and cutlery but who knows for sure - we were meticulous on masks and hand sanitizing 

1 minute ago, canoncruiser said:

How was the cabin wi-fi after the dry-docking in Belfast?

I had no problem connecting to ships WiFi anywhere on the ship although moving around the ship could cause disconnections and having to log in again.

Ships connection to internet varied from slow to occasionally none