Upload a Positive Covid-19 Test in Medallion App

kjg46

Forgive me if this question has already been discussed. Both my wife and myself have just  tested positive. We will be sailing on the August 6th Med cruise. I understand Princess wants folks to upload a negative test result to complete the app documentation. Our positive (eMed) test results  will  be within the 90 day window. Thus we should not be required to post a negative test to board the ship.( subject to a secondary screening). Has anyone uploaded a positive result?

2 hours ago, kjg46 said:

Forgive me if this question has already been discussed. Both my wife and myself have just  tested positive. We will be sailing on the August 6th Med cruise. I understand Princess wants folks to upload a negative test result to complete the app documentation. Our positive (eMed) test results  will  be within the 90 day window. Thus we should not be required to post a negative test to board the ship.( subject to a secondary screening). Has anyone uploaded a positive result?

Never upload a positive.  I would get my required documentation (letter of recovery etc) and then I would get an antigen test before sailing,

most likely that will be negative and use that negative test to board. Then, you don’t have to get a secondary screening.

Don’t worry about uploading your tests.

You have to show your docs anyway,

passport, vax cert, covid test results anyway when you check in. 

JMO

• Like 1

Your positive test result IS your Documentation of Recovery. Just bring it along and show it when you embark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within three months from the date of their cruise departure or cruisetour departure (whichever starts first) do not need to take a viral test before embarkation if they are at least 10 days past their COVID-19 infection, have no symptoms and produce documentation of recovery from COVID-19.

Documentation of recovery consists of the following:

• Paper or electronic copies of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days ago) or
  • A valid digital COVID-19 certificate (DCC) or a document issued by an official health or government authority showing confirmed previous infection

Guests who present these documents will need to go through a secondary screening at the terminal, and boarding will be approved at the medical staff’s discretion. Guests who are unable to provide documentation of recovery that fulfills the above requirements must take the required COVID-19 viral test and show a negative result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you present your test results at embarkation, they will screen you to make sure you aren't still sick. If you want to avoid this additional screening, you could take an antigen test just before your cruise and if you test negative (probably likely as antigen tests aren't that sensitive), you can upload it and you are good to go. If not, use your positive result and do their screening.