Skywalk re: view of cabin balconies

janroatan

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

I remember when I first joined these boards and researched whether I really wanted a Dolphin Deck Mini-Suite on our first Princess cruise. All signs pointed to the fact that this was the best choice for our family. But there was so much gnashing of teeth over the open balconies that could be viewed from above.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

As I glanced up at the many hundred balconies above us, I never once saw anyone wasting their time looking down on us. And even if they had, they would have seen two happy parents enjoying a glass of wine with their wide-eyed daughter enraptured by the endless sea. Their jealousy is not my concern. 

I agree 100% from experience.  By the way, I took the first cruise on the Grand in l998, could not afford a mini suite, so we were booked way above deck 9.   My first reaction was I would not like the lack of privacy.   I got over many years later when Grand was home ported in San Francisco and I booked at least 10+ cruises over the year on deck 9 in a mini, lol.  LIke you I rarely saw many folks out on their balconies for long except maybe when coming and going from a port.  I got over it easily.    I am booked in a mini on deck 14 on the Royal this December under the bump, 14 days to Hawaii.  Doubt I will see many folks peering down at me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pris993 said:

I agree 100% from experience.  By the way, I took the first cruise on the Grand in l998, could not afford a mini suite, so we were booked way above deck 9.   My first reaction was I would not like the lack of privacy.   I got over many years later when Grand was home ported in San Francisco and I booked at least 10+ cruises over the year on deck 9 in a mini, lol.  LIke you I rarely saw many folks out on their balconies for long except maybe when coming and going from a port.  I got over it easily.    I am booked in a mini on deck 14 on the Royal this December under the bump, 14 days to Hawaii.  Doubt I will see many folks peering down at me.  

My next cruise is booked in a Caribe Deck bump out extended balcony Mini-Suite on Regal. Visible from the Skyview Bar, theoretically. Couldn’t care less. 

• Like 2