North Sea Cruise Conditions

slinkie_dawg

Not Caribbean 🤪🤬, it is the North Sea and can be great or it can be rough. We sailed on Regatta in 2010 into the Shetland Islands in July and we had 50 mph winds and 20’ waves we could see from our seats in the GDR. This was the only time my wife ever became I’ll on a ship but I did not. Since that time we have always traveled with the Scopalomine patches in our possession but did not necessarily use them on every sailing.  We put them on if the Captain tells us to prepare for the motion of the ocean or we see the white bags by all the elevators. The elastic pressure bracelets can be helpful as can ginger or Bonine tablets. 
Everyone is different but it you are susceptible to motion sickness, get some patches as they are good for three days and then you put another one on. If your cruise is 10-12 days, get a RX from your Dr. for 4 patches each and you should be good to go. 👍🙏🤙🛳🥂

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Mauibabes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slinkie_dawg said:

We are sailing the North Sea on the Sirena in two weeks. What should we expect for typical sea conditions?  Will it be similar to sailing the Caribbean?

Yeah, one just can't know. We did an Atlantic crossing in March and had CRAZy weather and seas. Our friends went a couple of weeks after us and had seas like glass. One just can't know!! So, prepare for all outcomes. I find bonine works really well and is less strong than the patches for me. I've never found pressure bracelets that were large enough for my giant boney wrists! We will be in the North Sea, on Sirena, in August!

Edited by khuselid
forgot a thought
  • Thanks 1

Just like the weather  the seas are  unpredictable

We have had rough seas & fairly calm seas in the North Atlantic, Irish sea & the North sea  

We have also had  bad seas in the Caribbean  sailing from Caymans to Columbia

Take  meds with you if you are prone to "the motion of the ocean" problems