Booking before a refit - Sky Princess

wowzz

We are considering a 14 night Med cruise on Sky Princess, leaving Southampton on April 1st 2023.

However,  I see that after this cruise,  there is a hiatus of three weeks before the next cruise commences. I assume this is for a dry dock, refit etc.

I have heard anecdotal tales that in the last few days of such a cruise, contractors will be on board,  carrying out preparatory work, such as removing carpets,  soft furnishings etc.

Has anyone had any experience of this ? And what are your thoughts in general about taking a cruise immediately prior to a refit.

TIA

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We are considering a 14 night Med cruise on Sky Princess, leaving Southampton on April 1st 2023.

However,  I see that after this cruise,  there is a hiatus of three weeks before the next cruise commences. I assume this is for a dry dock, refit etc.

I have heard anecdotal tales that in the last few days of such a cruise, contractors will be on board,  carrying out preparatory work, such as removing carpets,  soft furnishings etc.

Has anyone had any experience of this ? And what are your thoughts in general about taking a cruise immediately prior to a refit.

TIA

This dry dock was scheduled August 2021, as the routine, 2 year dry dock.  Being a newer ship, it should not be a refurbishment.  You should not see interruptions.

Sky Princess April 15 - May 6, 2023 Brest

N/A

• 6 months later...

With apologies to @wowzz for resurrecting this thread from the depths of CC, I thought it might be useful to revisit this one as the refit window is getting closer.

I’m actually booked on a May cruise on Sky, and was curious to know whether there is more information available on the refit scope - I saw on another thread that there is a suggestion Bistro Sur La Mer is to be removed, for example, and replaced with Crooners (as someone who loves Crooners on Regal, this makes me happy, although I was looking forward to a new dining venue).

Anyone with insight, I’d love to hear it - for the benefit of anyone booked ‘either side’ of the refit!

Absolutely no insights, but an additional query… as well as the changes to

Bistro sur la Mer I’ve also heard suggestions that the Crown Grill Bar will be rebranded as Wheelhouse. Hubby and I have only sailed on Sky Princess so

don’t know the plus sides of Crooners and Wheelhouse but will definitely miss Bistro.