Regatta - deck 4 cabins

Hello - I'm booking a long cruise on the Regatta - Tokyo to Sydney, and for outside cabins the only available are on deck 4. I generally don't like cabins that have public spaces above them but these are the only cabins I can afford that are available. Has anyone stayed in cabins 4006 or 4007 (or near there) on the Regatta? These are outside cabins and appear to be under the lounge. I'm wondering if you can hear steps/noise from the lounge in the cabin. Or what about 4049 which is under the dining room and near the reception desk? How is it for noise? Thanks.

We have stayed in C1 deck 4 several times. We love them. Personally I would go for 4049 as it is more midship and opposite side of the entrance to medical center. You do not need to take an elevator to go most places as they are usually only up one floor. We never heard any noise. It is also convenient for the outside area on deck 5 which is usually very quiet. We are on the cruise prior to your getting on and are in a C1 again, just couldn’t rationalize the extra money for a balcony. We just hope this cruise goes as Japan has yet to open up to tourists. We would not hesitate to book deck 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pearl64 said:

We have stayed in C1 deck 4 several times. We love them. Personally I would go for 4049 as it is more midship and opposite side of the entrance to medical center. You do not need to take an elevator to go most places as they are usually only up one floor. We never heard any noise. It is also convenient for the outside area on deck 5 which is usually very quiet. We are on the cruise prior to your getting on and are in a C1 again, just couldn’t rationalize the extra money for a balcony. We just hope this cruise goes as Japan has yet to open up to tourists. We would not hesitate to book deck 4.

Thank you. My travel agent just got back to me and said I'm under the boutique and that she's had a previous client in 4055 and it was very quiet.

1 hour ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Hello - I'm booking a long cruise on the Regatta - Tokyo to Sydney, and for outside cabins the only available are on deck 4. I generally don't like cabins that have public spaces above them but these are the only cabins I can afford that are available. Has anyone stayed in cabins 4006 or 4007 (or near there) on the Regatta? These are outside cabins and appear to be under the lounge. I'm wondering if you can hear steps/noise from the lounge in the cabin. Or what about 4049 which is under the dining room and near the reception desk? How is it for noise? Thanks.

We have been in the C1's  & no issues 

we have spent 30 + days  there   close to exits/dining  room etc

I would avoid  the ones under the lounge

4049 should be fine

The GDR is further aft  & no cabins below it

JMO

• Thanks 1

We arrived home last week after our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta in 4043. We loved the ship, service, personnel, and the cabin (it was very quiet, except for those who continuously let their cabin door slam). However, we did not like the small bathroom and shower. How do others tolerate the layout? We are used to larger bathrooms, even in small cabins on larger ships. I realize that the cabin size itself only allows a certain amount of room for the bath area, but we will probably not book a C1 class cabin again and would have to upgrade to a larger cabin at a higher cost if we want to travel on Oceania again, which may not be possible. We did love our Alaska cruise, though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PSR said:

We arrived home last week after our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta in 4043. We loved the ship, service, personnel, and the cabin (it was very quiet, except for those who continuously let their cabin door slam). However, we did not like the small bathroom and shower. How do others tolerate the layout? We are used to larger bathrooms, even in small cabins on larger ships. I realize that the cabin size itself only allows a certain amount of room for the bath area, but we will probably not book a C1 class cabin again and would have to upgrade to a larger cabin at a higher cost if we want to travel on Oceania again, which may not be possible. We did love our Alaska cruise, though!

The bathrooms on the Marina and Riviera are much larger in the regular cabins....on the smaller ships, the bathrooms are all the same size until you book a Penthouse.  Many people use the showers in the Spa area if they have one of the "tighter" bathrooms.

• Thanks 1

We have done longer cruises on Deck 4 on the R ships.  Nautica three times and Insignia on a Sydney to Papeete in either 4043 or 4045 which are our favorite two cabins.  The 4049 cabin we would suggest is preferable to the 4055 for a couple of reasons.  If you check a layout of the R ships, you will see that 4055 is right near the public area of Destination Services, Reception Hall and Reception Desk...actually the first cabin in that hallway.  It is also next to the area where the gangway is often set up for passengers to disembark when the ship docks.  You are also right across from the door that crew uses to come and go from the reception desk.

Having said that, the good news is that you are extremely convenient to all of the above mentioned services, GDR one floor up with no real walk at all, and one floor up to the show lounge, boutiques and Martini's.  We find them to be extremely convenient and have three more cruises booked in 4043 or 4045.  We rarely need to use an elevator except rare instances when we go to Terrace, the pool, and, of course, not-so-rare occurences when we enjoy Toscana and Polo.  We feel the starboard side (odd numbered cabins) on Deck 4 is preferable to port side (even numbered cabins) due to traffic to Medical on port side hallway.

Another side benefit of Deck 4 is that movement is much less of an issue.  We have never had motion sickness anywhere, but came close leaving Sydney trying to outrun a wind storm.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by willidc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PSR said:

Try the larger O class ships  or book PH +  on the R ships

We do not have a problem with the W/C on the R class ships  but many people do

• Thanks 1

We just returned too from the Regatta/Alaska cruise deck four #4022.  Directly across from medical center.  We had no issue with noise even when the gangway was just around the corner.  The bathroom was small!  My husband is tall, 6'2".  He often used the toilets in the hall areas with no problem.  The shower is small but I'm used to that and I'm a plus size woman, I managed fine.  I like the layout with lots of room in the bathroom for all my "stuff".  Large mirrored storage, storage under sink and a few shelves above the toilet.  And so many towels!  Could have managed with one less towel rack and maybe one more shelf or cubby for storage.   Same here, I'm with @Pearl64won't pay more for a bigger bathroom.
We have chosen the deck for our next cruise in September.

Edited by nursinadream
  • Thanks 2