Question about virtual waitlist on Carvnival App while on board

ballarinamom

Its been a bit since we've been on Carnival. My parents go twice a month LOL! My dad was telling us the go into the app and request a table for lunch and they receive notification when their table is ready. Anyone have experience with this? It just seems too easy LOL

It really is that easy.  You can check everyone in that is associated with your party through the app.  We expected it to be harder as well.  We would check in for a table as we left our cabin and usually by the time we arrived at the restaurant, our table was ready.  It even shows the table number on the app. We had another group associated with us and all made reservations at Fahrenheit 555, but because we were all associated, we didn't even have to go ahead of time to request to sit together. 

• Like 1

It is for use anytime you want to dine in a dining room - you just go in and select check in.

It then alerts you when your table is ready with a little Carnival Fog Horn and a jingle on your phone and it tells you what table you are assigned to.

You go down and walk up to the staff and show them your phone and go in.  

Usually there are large groups of people standing around outside who didn't do this, and had to do it once they got there and are waiting OR that the hostess has had to put on the waitlist because they don't have a phone or don't want to do it.  You get to breeze past all those people.  You may have to wait momentarily for a couple tables that are checked in ahead of you to be seated but just a couple minutes.  SOOOO much better than the long lines.

PS:  You have 15 minutes to report for your table once notified so we basically just do it from our room or wherever we are on the ship and then hang out until we hear the fog horn.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wemjam said:

It is for use anytime you want to dine in a dining room - you just go in and select check in.

It then alerts you when your table is ready with a little Carnival Fog Horn and a jingle on your phone and it tells you what table you are assigned to.

You go down and walk up to the staff and show them your phone and go in.  

Usually there are large groups of people standing around outside who didn't do this, and had to do it once they got there and are waiting OR that the hostess has had to put on the waitlist because they don't have a phone or don't want to do it.  You get to breeze past all those people.  You may have to wait momentarily for a couple tables that are checked in ahead of you to be seated but just a couple minutes.  SOOOO much better than the long lines.

PS:  You have 15 minutes to report for your table once notified so we basically just do it from our room or wherever we are on the ship and then hang out until we hear the fog horn.

Great News! After years of waiting in lines it just seemed to good to be true... and too easy! LOL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wemjam said:

maybe it depends on the phone. When i was on the Magic last month, the alert never worked on my phone at all. i had to keep checking my phone. it could be an problem with my phone or the app.was that not a big of a deal since i was using my phone to check on other things while waiting 

58 minutes ago, sarmat1 said:

Is this now used for sea day brunch and port day breakfast in MDR?  Is there then a separate line to get in so you don't have to wait with the masses who are lined up outside of MDR onto the stairs?

Yes. YTD, port day breakfast, and sea day brunch.

Well there will still be masses waiting on the stairs and in the elevator lobby. Many of them don't request a table ahead of time so they wait there for their table to be assigned. If you have your assignment walk past them to one of the people doing the seating and tell them your table number.

Edited by Saint Greg

18 hours ago, ultrafighter said:

The e-muster process is now super easy, too.  I've been happy with these two changes in particular.

we are looking forward to that as well. Our first cruise was over 30 years ago and it took over an Hour.In the heat, crammed like sardines and watching the shoreline go by since it was right at sail away LOL