Carnival Valor Pre-Fun 2.0 Renovation

Madermh

Hello, 

my wife and I are cruising on Valor in August.  We cruised on her in 2009 and 2011, prior to the 2.0 refurbishment.  For the life of me, I can’t remember what the main areas like the lido deck looked like prior.  Does anyone happen to have any pictures they can share of the ship before the renovation?

Thanks!

Now that I think about it, this doesn’t have to limited to Valor, does anyone have any memories or photographs of any of the Conquest class ships before they were renovated?  Like, what was there before the Red Frog Rum Bar or Blue Iguana Tequila Bar or any other changes you can think of?

I do remember sailing Destiny when she had a single water slide and no big TV in the Lido.  My recollection is that the two side bars weren't particularly branded but still existed. I do remember that the Blue Iguana Mexican counter was generic burgers, chicken tenders, fries, etc. Not sure about the Guy's spot. Our first big TV was on Freedom.  Wow!

I also remember our MDR waiters on Destiny were Linton and Moulton.  Our kids were middle school and melting cake were referred to a Moulton cake.  Great cruise.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

Our first cruise was on the Elation pre 2.0 upgrades.

I remember the short water slide going directly into the pool, and I remember the weird upper aft pool that was basically just a large steel tub that no one wanted to go in.  

There was no Guys Burgers or Blue Iguana Tacos, and the bars were generic with no real branding.  The pizza place was where Blue Iguana, and generic burgers were served where Guys is.

I think the funniest thing was a Funship Freddie mascot walking around the ship accidentally scaring the snot out of unsuspecting passengers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...