Repricing Issue

Last May while on Adventure we purchased a 7 night cruise on Oasis leaving October 2022. The cruise price was $1805. We also became Diamond on the Adventure cruise and the NextCruise person indicated that we would get a larger balcony discount and that we would be able to reprice the Oasis cruise once our diamond status was posted to our account. A few weeks after our return we checked and sure enough the cruise price with our  balcony discount had dropped to $1635. We phoned and got it repriced to this lower amount. We were emailed a receipt showing this new amount.

Yesterday we noticed that the cruise price had dropped  to $1512 so we phoned in again. The first call we used the C&A number. The person checked and indicated that our cruise had not lowered. She indicated that she was not seeing the new total I was quoting her. I had this happen once before on a reprice so I thanked her and hung up. I waited a few hours and phoned again. This time I was told that yes our cruise had dropped and it could be repriced. I asked what the new lower total would be and she said $1635. This is the amount that we had previously repriced to. I asked her what her system showed to be our current price and she quoted me $1805. Even though our cruise planner and our email receipt shows that the cruise is currently priced at $1635 she insisted that our cruise was still priced at $1800. At this point I gave up. If the CSR's can't see the correct amount of our current booking how can they be expected to accurately do a reprice based on a lower website amount. I'm wondering if the transition to diamond has somehow messed up this booking in their system? I may try calling again but in the end I'm happy with the current price we are paying. I just hope that we don't have problems with our final payment when it appears that their system thinks we are priced at the original amount. Any advice will be appreciated.

Edited by Jcol5786
Corrected cruise date

It took me four tries in 2+ weeks to get my price drop applied. The word is that training new people and language barriers are having an effect on this process. When I finally got to the right person the email she sent had nothing to do with my problem and I was offered a token OBC. It turns out that the notes written by three others on my previous attempts at repricing were convoluted and nonsensical. When I emailed back that this was strictly about repricing under BEST PRICE GUARANTEE after significant price drops, she made it right! And then some.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Don't try to fight the RCI IT system and perhaps invest some time looking/searching for a good TA.

Agree!  And request a copy of your new invoice while still on the phone to verify the correct price. You can also check the balance due by logging into your RC account.

• Like 1

I tend to think it might be an issue with new employees not being fully up to speed yet. Long time till October so I'll keep and eye on it and try again if the new lower price keeps coming up.

4 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

I tend to think it might be an issue with new employees not being fully up to speed yet. Long time till October so I'll keep and eye on it and try again if the new lower price keeps coming up.

Did you book May of this year? Best Price Guarantee up till 48 hours before sailing ended as you needed to book by March 31, 2022 and Sail by September 2022,  if I remember correctly.

If you are still before final payment then Yes, you should be able to refare, make sure you are comparing same category and GTY or pick your own cabin fares.

4 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

When you see a lower price,  take a screenshot of that price.

• Like 1