Airline Strike

Ciaomamma

We are scheduled for Homelands beginning next week. We have AirPlus and Viking booked our air travel through SAS. Unfortunately, SAS is currently out on strike. I called Viking Air and the response was “the flight isn’t canceled yet “. With 1 week to go we’re getting a little (a lot) concerned. Has anyone proactively rescheduled your flight or heard anything different from Viking?  Any information on past experiences would also be appreciated. 

I am certain that Viking are not going to leave you stranded.  If they move the flight before SAS cancel there will be cost.   If the flight is ticketed, there will be a cost even for Viking to move it. 

I am certain that they have contingency plan for you.  This is the landscape of flying today.  SAS aside, the number of airlines cancelling flights and the airline is not on strike is ground breaking.

We disembarked Homelands the day after SAS went on strike and not all flights were cancelled and those that were, Viking got them to where they needed to go.

2 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

I am certain that Viking are not going to leave you stranded.  If they move the flight before SAS cancel there will be cost.   If the flight is ticketed, there will be a cost even for Viking to move it. 

I am certain that they have contingency plan for you.  This is the landscape of flying today.  SAS aside, the number of airlines cancelling flights and the airline is not on strike is ground breaking.

We disembarked Homelands the day after SAS went on strike and not all flights were cancelled and those that were, Viking got them to where they needed to go.

Eventually.