E724 Diamond Princess

geejay

Yes it is covered. I have stayed several times in E731 on the Sapphire (built as sister ships).

I love these cabins. 

E730 and E731 have longer balconies. E731 is supposedly quieter of the 2 cabins as they are above Fusion Club and the band is on the side of E730. 

You will be pleased with the location and your cabin. If you can flip sides, it would be slightly better.

Edited by Coral

We stay in E723 or E725, 727 every chance we get. I book early for this reason because we like the covered balcony. We did get 730 once it had a longer balcony on the Ruby. We have done port side because the bandstand is under those cabins, at least on prior trips, different ships.

On starboard we did feel the bass on occasion but nothing real loud as a rule.

Enjoy, and check if the clubs bandstand is under your cabin.

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Yes it is covered. I have stayed several times in E731 on the Sapphire (built as sister ships).

I love these cabins as this area is very quiet and the balconies are covered.

E730 and E731 have longer balconies. E731 is supposedly quieter of the 2 cabins as they are above Fusion Club and the band is on the side of E730. 

Glad you posted this we are on Sapphire in Oct. on the starboard side, thought bandstand was on port side like some others. Need to check this out.

6 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Glad you posted this we are on Sapphire in Oct. on the starboard side, thought bandstand was on port side like some others. Need to check this out.

I just modified my earlier post.

E731 is very quiet - that is my go to cabin. I have heard E730 can be a little loud until the band stops. I see the OP is a few cabins away. If they can switch sides it would be better but I think they are far enough away it would be fine.

I had my sister book E730 on a future cruise but found E731 open later and moved her sides. They are on Emerald Princess (cabin numbers slightly different).

Edited by Coral

7 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I am pretty sure the band is on Port side.

I have been on E731 probably 7 or 8x.

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I just modified my earlier post.

E731 is very quiet - that is my go to cabin. I have heard E730 can be a little loud until the band stops. I see the OP is a few cabins away. If they can switch sides it would be better but I think they are far enough away it would be fine.

I had my sister book E730 on a future cruise but found E731 open later and moved her sides. They are on Emerald Princess (cabin numbers slightly different).

We had E729 and E 731 on the Ruby with family opened the partition on our balconies, great space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I am pretty sure the band is on Port side.

I have been on E731 probably 7 or 8x.

Yes right under E730, at least on the ships we have sailed on. When we sail the Regal minis are more forward, unless we can swing an aft suite we book mid forward on this larger ship.