The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 16th, 2022

richwmn

8 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Well, to continue a crappy month, my brother’s car just got hit and probably totaled by an almost certain drunk driver. The car was parked in front of the house . The idiot also hit the car in front of his. The police have not apprehended him yet, but know who he is,. The car is 11years old . The left rear side was hit. 
Life sucks.

That is just horrible.  Since the police know who the driver is, I hope thhey arrest him soon, and that he or his insurance is able to pay for the damages.

Lenda 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

that's what this is and will leave on its own.  Last night was better than the night before so I guess it comes and goes.  

As for your trip to Williamsburg, I hope you have an enjoyable stay in that beautiful place.  I miss living there, although I didn't miss the humidity.  We moved from there back to our hometown of St. Louis (not the city thank God, the suburban counties surrounding it) and Missouri is known for its humidity too.  Please report back on the things you do and see there whenever you can.  I'll live vicariously through you!  Remember to mention to your hosts the Colonial Parkway and see if they'd like to drive from Jamestown to Yorktown on it.  It goes right through Williamsburg along the route.  I lived nearer to Jamestown when I was there.  Beautiful countryside.

Sandi, hope you’re feeling better this morning.  i woke up with lots of aches and pains.

I will see what our hosts have planned for us.  However, your suggestion sounds wonderful.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We were in Williamsburg many moons ago when we spent a vacation in Virginia Beach.  On the way back to NY (our hometown then) we stopped in Yorktown.  So maybe we did the Colonial Parkway.  Not sure.  We also stopped at a number of battlefields on that trip.  The trade off was that we would stop in Reading PA so that I could go Outlet Shopping.  So guess who bought the place out? DH.

It was a fun two weeks.  

This time it will be a bit different.

Hope you feel better.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Terri, if you see the Colonial Parkway you will remember it from a previous visit.  It has no lane markings, is made of exposed gravel paving which is common in Williamsburg.  Our driveway and sidewalk at our home was made of that material.  Hard to walk to the mailbox barefoot with such a bumpy texture.  It's a leisurely drive and nothing like a freeway, so much, much better.

Photos off the internet, not my own.

colonial-parkway-picture-id136238217?k=6&m=136238217&s=170667a&w=0&h=SuyVfb11_jEKxt7ANaLre7PZLmjyO5x64gu514CKnag=

fall-on-the-colonial-parkway-jason-betzner.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

@bennybear thank you for your reply, also, what is the white flower in the lower photo? Approximately for how long will the Mock Orange bloom?

You really do have a lovely garden.

Thank you!  The mock orange lasts only about two weeks,  but it’s worth it.  I just planted it last year after smelling a neighbour’s. 
In the bottom photo, pale pink and white is a single peony,  I don’t know the variety as we bought our house many years ago from a real gardener who had some unusual varieties. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2