Has anyone sailed in a Deluxe Oceanview (DO) on the Edga class?

2chiefs

We booked a forward facing Deluxe Oceanview cabin on the Beyond (#8104).

We've never sailed in a forward-facing cabin before and would like to hear any comments from anyone that has done so.

Thanks

Those cabins look to be fabulous for a forward view over the bow. I would chose one of those over an Infinite veranda when we next sail an E-class ship.

We did sail in 7003, which is a supersize OV with a large porthole window, on the Millennium and had no issues being that far forward.

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Those cabins look to be fabulous for a forward view over the bow. I would chose one of those over an Infinite veranda when we next sail an E-class ship.

We did sail in 7003, which is a supersize OV with a large porthole window, on the Millennium and had no issues being that far forward.

Our cruise happens to be on a Panama canal touch cruise so we thought the forward window would be good while cruising the canal if and when we are in the room. (we would probably be out on deck though).

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Was in 9103 for the Apex TA , it is ok 

it is 950 step to Oceanview and back 

it was a great location to watch an evacuation at night 

i wouldn’t pick over an infinity balcony

I know what you mean about the 950 step walk to the Oceanview and back. We booked a rear cabin once (on RCL) because of the larger balcony. It was a lot of steps to the elevators and especially to the front of the ship! No problem though because we like to count steps in order to burn all those calories from eating 24/7!! What we didn't like about the rear cabin was the shaking and vibration we got from the screws (propellers for non-nautical types) and the engine room. I suppose that may not be the case on all ships but we never booked an aft cabin since.

We have not sailed in one on X, but had one on a family vacation on a Carnival ship, and loved it. We need accessible cabins, and are pleased that there are forward-facing Accessible OVs on M and E class ships. 

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

We have not sailed in one on X, but had one on a family vacation on a Carnival ship, and loved it. We need accessible cabins, and are pleased that there are forward-facing Accessible OVs on M and E class ships. 

The HC ov is pretty far from the front elevators , and with the thick carpet it wouldn’t be easy pushing a wheel chair to one 

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The HC ov is pretty far from the front elevators , and with the thick carpet it wouldn’t be easy pushing a wheel chair to one 

True. Hubby uses a power chair full time, so that is not an issue for us. However, the longer we have to be in a cabin corridor, the more likely we have to maneuver around cleaning carts, room service trays, etc.