Facial recognition

suenavy

When we were getting ready to get off in Victoria Canada, Oceania  Used facial recognition software When we exited the ship and when we came back on. I was wondering if any of the other ships use that recently?

Just now, suenavy said:

When we were getting ready to get off in Victoria Canada, Oceania  Used facial recognition software When we exited the ship and when we came back on. I was wondering if any of the other ships use that recently?

This is Plan A on all O ships now. Usually two devices in use.

Last May on our cruise on Riviera, it was used for all ports. No more fumbling with World Cards. Have to take off sunglasses and sometimes a hat. Not sure if it was any quicker while your face gets positioned properly.

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You still need the World Card to get in/out of the port gates.

Yes, I know. You still have to take it with you for that, but the facial recognition is still handy getting on/off the ship. They don't use the facial recognition if you can get off/on the ship and directly be outside of any other check points, such as in Juneau, AK.

Edited by PSR

8 minutes ago, PSR said:

Yes, I know. You still have to take it with you for that, but the facial recognition is still handy getting on/off the ship. They don't use the facial recognition if you can get off/on the ship and directly be outside of any other check points, such as in Juneau, AK.

Whether it’s the face or the card, no one’s getting off that ship who hasn’t been digitally accounted for.

Yes, it was in use at every port on Riviera 6/15 to 6/25 Rome to Barcelona.  Was kind of cool. I took off my hat and had very sweaty appearance, but it did not fool facial recognition.  As others have said, you have to show your World card to in the ports themselves.