XL Sea Terrace that "Sleeps 3" ???

mjdangerous1992

On Valiant Lady. I'm booked in an XL Sea Terrace (cabin 11330A), which is characterized as "Sleeps 3". Does anyone know how the "Sleep 3" characterization changes the room setup? I'm travelling solo, so I want to ensure I've made a good choice versus a standard XL Sea Terrace. Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Based on the deck plans, none of the XL's have pullmans, only the ottoman ("extra lower bed") that seems to jut out from the bed. There are two of us and the only XL cabins left are these "Sleeps 3". I'm a little weary it will take up extra space and not crazy about hearing that we lose the chair...

2 hours ago, gordiej said:

Based on the deck plans, none of the XL's have pullmans, only the ottoman ("extra lower bed") that seems to jut out from the bed. There are two of us and the only XL cabins left are these "Sleeps 3". I'm a little weary it will take up extra space and not crazy about hearing that we lose the chair...

We had the ottoman version and actually really liked it!  We specifically booked it again for an upcoming voyage.  It's couch height because the mattress is folded in half into a square, and we thought it was nicer than having a chair.

• Like 1

Have you seen a pic of this anywhere ?  In my mind I'm picturing it looking like the L shaped sofa configuration ... except the part against the wall is still set up as a sofa (or bed if there's 3 people) and juts into the space where the chair normally is.  So basically, a king bed with an armless "sofa" next to it ??

Edited by angela12345

12 hours ago, cantgetin said:

So basically you need to decide whether you want the sea terrace or the XL sleeps 3 with the ottoman.  We never used the chair in our sea terrace room!

Well to be fair the chair is only to throw clothes over! 🤣 So maybe the ottoman will be fine as long as it doesn’t take up too much floor space. I think we really need the bigger bathroom in the XL though vs downgrading to regular sea terrace. Relatively late booking so not too many choices left…

• Like 2

8 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Have you seen a pic of this anywhere ?  In my mind I'm picturing it looking like the L shaped sofa configuration ... except the part against the wall is still set up as a sofa (or bed if there's 3 people) and juts into the space where the chair normally is.  So basically, a king bed with an armless "sofa" next to it ??

I don’t have a pic, but it’s the normal sea bed (can be set up as a couch/2 twins or together as a king bed) plus a square platform with a folded up cushion.  If you want to leave it as an ottoman, that’s it.  If you want to make a bed for pax #3, you have the king bed config, scoot the ottoman platform over to the near end of the sea bed and flop the cushion open to be a mattress.

• Like 2

We were also in one of these rooms too and I didn’t take any pictures in the room. 
The ottoman took up the same space as the chair would have really. We mainly used it to store clothes to be honest. Main issue is that if you sit on the ottoman it’s just a solid wall on your back. But we sat on the bed, or got the bed converted to sofa and sat there. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, angela12345 said:

I found this one with bedding for 3 ... but I haven't been able to find one of what it looks like in a room for 3 that doesn't have the 3rd bed setup.
https://kennethisclearedfortakeoff.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/img-cab-sea-terrace-three-person-day-v1-0392-1600x900-1.jpg?w=1024

img-cab-sea-terrace-three-person-day-v1-

Imagine the perpendicular mattress is folded in half towards the right-

that’s what it looks like.  The existing “sea bed” platform is still there, and the square folded mattress is on a movable square ottoman platform.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Hoping someone has a pic of the setup of this room when there's only 2 passengers. Thanks for the pic of it with the beds made up !

It looks like every other room when the ottoman is not made into a bed.  Most of the extra space in the XL is in the bathroom area.  When the ottoman is not opened, you can have the bed for 2 as one large bed or 2 twins.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, angela12345 said:

Hoping someone has a pic of the setup of this room when there's only 2 passengers. Thanks for the pic of it with the beds made up !

I’ll be in one next week and will post a pic if I remember!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Never heard of a bed rolled under the main bed.  The extra bed is a fold out ottoman that makes into a twin bed and folds back to an ottoman when not in use.  THese have been very common in Europe for 20+ years.  There may be other ways it works in some rooms.

4 hours ago, Jordanc73 said:

Hello I have the same problem. Does anyone have a pic of the room with the extra bed put away?

I was told the bed would be rolled under the main bed.

I don’t have a picture but the third bed folds into a small cube, it doesn’t go under the main bed. The only main difference compared to other rooms is there isn’t an armchair.

On 3/6/2024 at 2:25 PM, Jordanc73 said:

Hello I have the same problem. Does anyone have a pic of the room with the extra bed put away?

I was told the bed would be rolled under the main bed.

We had the sleep 3 XL Terrace cabin and it had a large, blue square ottoman that we found more useful than the chair. Here’s a pic of our cabin so you can see the ottoman from both angles. HTHs 

IMG_6975.jpeg

IMG_6979.jpeg

• Like 3