Snorkel Advice!

Scarlettmorgana

Do the boat.  But not a cruise ship snorkel boat excursion.  Lots of places just off shore or around where no beach resort is present.

Check out Roatan Five Stars for smaller groups and a variety of snorkeling destinations.  There are other excursion providers as well.

• 1 month later...

If you are traveling with the family, go to West Bay.  They can enjoy the beach if not snorkeling.  You can either walk directly into the water and onto an amazing reef or take a boat further out if you like.  There are many boats along the beach, they will be glad to take you out.  You will still be in sight of the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

My son & I snorkeled West Bay. Our private driver through Boden Tours got us a boat & snorkel equipment for $10 a piece to take us out. The reef is a short distance from shore so you could snorkel independently as well. I am returning in Feb on a Cruise & will return to West Bay. It is some of the best snorkeling I've experienced. I would also consider if there will be another cruise ship there which may affect availability of rentable snorkel equipment.