Disembarkation at Liverpool

This is only my second cruise and my first from Liverpool and with Fred. I know Liverpool port well but on Fred's website , I can't find if we can do self-disembarking. 

I don't really need to have my luggage transported over to the King's Dock . Can we get a taxi next to the berth? Many thanks

57 minutes ago, Mrs Tinkywinky said:

This is only my second cruise and my first from Liverpool and with Fred. I know Liverpool port well but on Fred's website , I can't find if we can do self-disembarking. 

I don't really need to have my luggage transported over to the King's Dock . Can we get a taxi next to the berth? Many thanks

Fred was taking luggage to the ACC last summer, but the last time we disembarked a Fred ship in Liverpool was just before Christmas and we took our luggage away from the cruise terminal and are sure we did not take it off the ship ourselves, so must have picked it up at the terminal.  We then walked away from the fairly crowded terminal and rang a taxi company, (we are fairly local), asking to be picked up from a location near the Liver Buildings.  I have a vague recollection we may have been told pick up cars/taxis could not pick us up direct from the terminal as there were still shuttle buses going to the ACC, where some people had parked, as well as some coaches to Lime Street Station. We have always chosen to walk away from the terminal to get public transport or other form of transport as the area outside gets quite crowded.  Ringing a local taxi company will be cheaper than using a black cab, of course, but if only going to Lime Street Station, will not cost much anyway, so Fred's shuttle may well be more convenient.

Fred's transfers to Lime Street were more expensive than a taxi would cost for two people, but would have probably been cheaper for singles. Alternatively could pick up a local train  from James Street.

I have no idea what is being done at present, but others may chip in.  Or you could email or ring Fred to ask - the staff tend to be very good about answering queries, if they can.  You are right the ACC is really not a good place to be abandoned with luggage.

Edited by tring

Hi, we did self disembark on 11 July at Liverpool. We checked with security on the A deck gangway at 06.45 and told we could go ahead. We collected our cases from the cabin and were off just before 7.  One of the mini buses for people requiring assistance was waiting and the driver offered to take us straight up to the terminal - and then very quickly through. We usually try to leave it until after 7am to ensure the conveyor for your luggage is turned on! Unfortunately in May they couldn’t find anyone to turn it on! My partner managed to push his case up and a kindly port worked pushed mine for me! We user Uber for the first time and we were home by 7:45 am. 

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone else going from Liverpool , there is an update. The ACC Arena Kings Dock is no longer being used so there is no need to go there now but instead go straight to the Cruise Terminal if you are arriving by taxi or getting dropped off.

You only need to go to the King's Dock if you are parking at the CPS Carpark there and there will be someone there to porter your luggage and take you on the shuttle bus to the Cruise Terminal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1