Pre cruise testing

gogo65

I just read a comment on FB that says that the RAT to board in Australia does not need to be supervised.

They said when they received the paperwork it mentioned a non supervised RAT was all that is required.

Does anyone know if this is worldwide? 

The May 20, 2022 protocol is sufficiently vague as to not be an answer -- it talks about finding local testing sites and doesn't mention self-administered tests at all. Someone should tag Ponant in that thread and ask them to answer. Sure simplifies things if that's all you need to do.

Here's the current FAQ: https://en.calameo.com/read/0001324237a945b0b4eef?authid=kgBaDKLBcfQW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

By the way, Ponant will accept a "Letter of Recovery" -- all you need is a positive PCR and a note from your doctor that says you've recovered as of X date that's less than 90 days old when you board.

Oh really? 

I’m literally Day 13 now post positive PCR, so could get that easily. I was contemplating kissing hubby so he would also get it!

Cruise is less than 6 weeks away.

Hopefully they keep it at 90 days, in Australia we have now changed from 90 days to 28 days for risk of reinfection, although I’m not sure if they allow certificate of recovery in Oz anyway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Oh really? 

I’m literally Day 13 now post positive PCR, so could get that easily. I was contemplating kissing hubby so he would also get it!

Cruise is less than 6 weeks away.

Hopefully they keep it at 90 days, in Australia we have now changed from 90 days to 28 days for risk of reinfection, although I’m not sure if they allow certificate of recovery in Oz anyway.

That's a plan... 😱

The FAQ says this (though it's missing the 90 days bit).

97996449_Screenshot2022-07-18at2_42_39AM.thumb.png.5fe3e18de3d044c8e4cdbbf1e623e072.png

2 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

The May 20, 2022 protocol is sufficiently vague as to not be an answer -- it talks about finding local testing sites and doesn't mention self-administered tests at all. Someone should tag Ponant in that thread and ask them to answer. Sure simplifies things if that's all you need to do.

Here's the current FAQ: https://en.calameo.com/read/0001324237a945b0b4eef?authid=kgBaDKLBcfQW

😱

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, AussieBoyTX said:

On Facebook, Ponant has clarified that self-administered antigen tests are accepted for Australian cruises only. 

What does this mean? You take the result of the test to the ship and show them the strip? Or you take a pic of it and show them? Sorry I haven't done a RAT test before so how do you prove that it's your test?

Cheers

ging466

18 minutes ago, ging466 said:

What does this mean? You take the result of the test to the ship and show them the strip? Or you take a pic of it and show them? Sorry I haven't done a RAT test before so how do you prove that it's your test?

Apparently you do the test yourself, take a picture and upload to a portal  It is on the guest’s honor to confirm the test is theirs and valid  

Edited by AussieBoyTX
  • Like 1