Has anyone received their refund for the days they were quarantined?

April_Sails

Hi all,

We were on a British Isles cruise on the Apex in June (and an unplanned trip to the Baltics). My husband and I both contracted Covid on the 10th day of our cruise. During our quarantine in our cabin, we received a letter from Celebrity explaining that we would receive a refund for the last 3 days of our cruise (because we were confined to our cabin). 

Since returning home, we have received no additional correspondence. My husband has tried to get through via phone, for the past couple of days, with no luck.

Has anyone received their refund (or heard from Celebrity) that had a similar circumstance?

I know that on our cruise, at least 100 of the 1,100 passengers tested positive for Covid.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

6 minutes ago, April_Sails said:

Hi all,

We were on a British Isles cruise on the Apex in June (and an unplanned trip to the Baltics). My husband and I both contracted Covid on the 10th day of our cruise. During our quarantine in our cabin, we received a letter from Celebrity explaining that we would receive a refund for the last 3 days of our cruise (because we were confined to our cabin). 

Since returning home, we have received no additional correspondence. My husband has tried to get through via phone, for the past couple of days, with no luck.

Has anyone received their refund (or heard from Celebrity) that had a similar circumstance?

I know that on our cruise, at least 100 of the 1,100 passengers tested positive for Covid.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Several threads discuss exactly this.  Refunds are taking several weeks.  An email explaining exact details from booking number to dates confined should move things along.  I would send to the executive offices or the Celebrity Engagement Center.  Someone else likely has a better address.

There are so many issues Celebrity is sadly falling further and further behind on correspondence. 

When my husband was diagnosed with Covid-19 and spent several days in isolation we opted for FCCs instead of a refund for his days in isolation.  We left the ship (it would have been a B2B) and continued his remaining days of isolation in a hotel.  We submitted a claim for the hotel and meals for the time period of his continued isolation.  The Celebrity Engagement Center phone number is: 1-888-305-1427.  Their e-mail address is: celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com.

• Thanks 1

We contacted the Engagement Center on our return and they processed our refund.   I took about 6 weeks to complete.    Unlike @Northern Aurora we were not given the option of a FCC.   I would have taken it for sure as we had some upcoming cruises.

Many have been reporting that it isn't happening automatically and you need to call in to get it moving.