First Regent cruise in September

Hello all!  My wife and I are going on our first Regent cruise Sept 11.  Explorer, Athens to Malta.  We're a little bummed as it was originally Venice to Malta, with stops in Croatia, Montenegro, etc,... but we're just ecstatic to be traveling again!  We originally booked Copenhagen to Stockholm in 2020.  Then Covid.  We kept the booking and moved it to Hong Kong to Singapore 2021.  Nope.  So here we are.  Cruise time is around the corner!  

We are well seasoned cruisers, and have many cruises on Crystal and others.  Sad to see what's happening to Crystal.  But we look forward to Regent!  We don't like touring with the masses, so we almost exclusively utilized private tours on all our Crystal cruises.  But we are anxious to give Regent tours a chance.  Most tours we choose were an added price, but they seem to be more adventurous and are more off the beaten path.  

We are arriving in Athens 3 days early and 2 extra days in Malta, both with private tours.  So our journey will be Sept 7-27.  

We have learned many tips and recommendations from this board, and for that we say "thank you".  I look forward to posting my review upon our return, Sept 27.  

Edward

• Like 2

FWIW, we had a cruise once booked out of Barcelona, I can't remember the exact itinerary, but just a few months before departure it was drastically changed - VERY drastically changed - took out Istanbul and a few other ports we wanted to visit/revisit and they routed us to Israel and Malta.  We were initially disappointed but decided to accept the revised itinerary and wouldn't you know it...it turned out to be one of our best cruises ever.  

Ever since then we've been a little less concerned with itinerary changes - as you said, it's good to just be traveling again!  Have a great cruise!!

• Like 3

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.  Not that many years ago we were on our first Regent cruise.  We loved it so much we have never looked back, except for a couple of exceptions.  We did Athens to Barcelona last fall on one of Regent's first cruises after the restart.  Ports were changed, and ports were dropped, but we had a marvelous cruise nonetheless.  Stay well.  Bon voyage.

• Like 1