What Ship is Best?

GOALIEMOM30

Would agree completely with CaribbeanBound. Ships like Zenith dock in both Hamilton and St. George's. The docks are downtown so you only have to step ashore and you are right in the middle of the action. The Royal Dockyards are way out on a limb. How would you ever get to St. George's, which is ancient and cute?

Where are you coming from?

Even an Airship is a great way to go to Bermuda too:

Here in NY and NJ Newark Liberty has Roundtrips for only $49.00 now No thats not a MisPrint either...

Bermuda is wonderful so any way getting there is best that you are there...:eek:

Where would you like to leave from? For us, we wanted to leave from Boston, MA, so we only had one option - the NCL Majesty! I've heard FABULOUS things about this cruise, the boat....even the TA we used has done the cruise 6 times.....

So I'd narrow down where you'd like to leave from and go from there!

Sorry to be the downer tonight but with the cruise line bus service running for free (from MA at least) where a ship leaves from should not be the only criteria. The majesty is a nice ship but it only sails to st. Georges. not the worst thing in the world since that is a wonderful town but it is kind of far from the rest of the island. It is also a NCL ship. That means freestyle dining which you will either love or hate depending on your taste. Having done both the Majesty and the Zenith I would never go back to the majesty. SO we take the bus from Boston to NJ to get on the Zenith However I have a brother who would hate the regement of specific dining hours and having to dress up while on vacation - they would hate the Zenith. There are major differences in ships and lines that you should consider.

Have done the Boston to Bermuda 7 times and just booked this week for May 28. Love freestyle. Don't think I would like being tied down to a certain for dinner time every night. Being in St George is not a problem at all. The bus and ferry system are a great way to get around. The crew on the Majesy is very good as well. Resort casual for dinner is nice too. We live about 50 miles west of Boston so this port is just perfect for us.

Sorry to be the downer tonight but with the cruise line bus service running for free (from MA at least) where a ship leaves from should not be the only criteria. The majesty is a nice ship but it only sails to st. Georges. not the worst thing in the world since that is a wonderful town but it is kind of far from the rest of the island. It is also a NCL ship. That means freestyle dining which you will either love or hate depending on your taste. Having done both the Majesty and the Zenith I would never go back to the majesty. SO we take the bus from Boston to NJ to get on the Zenith However I have a brother who would hate the regement of specific dining hours and having to dress up while on vacation - they would hate the Zenith. There are major differences in ships and lines that you should consider.

You are certainly right that departure city is not the only criteria. But for someone who has 2 horses and a 2 year old child, it was a VERY VERY big draw for us. It meant for us that we don't have to worry about flights or trains. I also agree that the type of dining experience is important, too. And formality is very important as well! I'm really looking to our first ever cruise, and hopefully we will love it :) I just meant to add that departure was a major consideration for us! (Price was too. We got ours for $799 per person, inclusive, in a superior oceanside room).

Sarah

Archived