Can you turn down Celebrity FCC if you cancel a cruise so you can collect under a CFAR trip insurance policy?

mayleeman

Depending on what Celebrity's response is to the CDC cutting out its cruise Covid program, we may decide to cancel. If we do cancel, we will likely not be cruising again for several years due to other expenses, and therefore will want our money back rather than getting FCC.

I remember reading on a post here that you can turn down FCC and then seek to collect on travel insurance (we have CFAR) upon providing proof that Celebrity refused to refund your money.

I asked Steve on the Travel Insurance board what proof we needed from Celebrity. He responded that we should ask Celebrity what they provide. I didn't want to ask Celebrity because of the lengthy delays, and since it was still a hypothetical question I was leery that an X rep might mistake our inquiry for an actual cancellation (I have read of this happening!).

Has anyone cancelled on Celebrity, refused FCC's and asking for a refund instead, and then used Celebrity's documented refusal to collect on a CFAR policy? What documentation does Celebrity provide?

Moderators: Please don't move this to the Insurance forum. I am asking about how Celebrity handles this, which is what Steve said to do.

Thanks to anyone who can actually answer this. Speculation won't, I am afraid, help much (that has been what I have been doing all along).

• mayleeman changed the title to Can you turn down Celebrity FCC if you cancel a cruise so you can collect under a CFAR trip insurance policy?