Iona Covid Testing

MPC1986

For some reason the other topic is closed.

We are on Iona departing 13 August, so after the current trial period ends. I have just received an email confirming that the following:- 

"All guests aged five years and over must take a COVID‑19 lateral flow/antigen test and receive a negative result within two days prior to embarkation of the ship. You’ll no longer need to provide a test certificate but will be asked to confirm the test has been taken, with a negative result, for you and each member of your travel party as part of your pre‑boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal."

So it now seems that tests are required but evidence of a negative result isn't. I can imagine how many will just lie and say they have taken the test when they haven't but it seems a strange decision. Either make people test and provide the evidence or just drop it all together. 

It's sounds like the declaration you do to get into the US, the moral turpitude one, which you will always respond no.

We've already paid for our proper cert to fly test so will use them up anyway.

I have just received this email for out September cruise on Iona.

I understand the point of view about people lying but in all honesty I don't see a difference with the health declaration pre Covid days. After all I wonder how many people owned up to the upset stomach etc? 

• Like 4

I do wonder why so many people make the assumption that others will probably lie about taking a test and following the required health declaration.

Could it be because they themselves would be tempted to lie? Personally I accept that it is possible to cheat the system, but I don't think I would deliberately lie just so that I could go on a cruise.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I do wonder why so many people make the assumption that others will probably lie about taking a test and following the required health declaration.

Could it be because they themselves would be tempted to lie? Personally I accept that it is possible to cheat the system, but I don't think I would deliberately lie just so that I could go on a cruise.

Because humans are humans and it is well know that a certain proportion of the population are know to lie.

• Like 1