Probably a dumb question

Jill and Jo

It's not a dumb question and I can see why there would be confusion. Fire is the one of the biggest safety concerns on board ships. Irons are fire hazards. Don't know if they'd take it from you but they definitely do not want passengers to bring irons on board so please leave it at home. If you need something pressed, considering what you are paying for the cruise, pressing service is not that much. And you're on vacation!!!!! :)

I have always taken a travel iron/steamer and never had a problem. You can get an inexpensive one at WalMart. I have only used it as a steamer. Just a note, it doesn't get very hot and won't take out deep wrinkles, but works fine for touch ups. I have also learned to pack with dry cleaner bags, zip lock bags and tissue paper. This has worked great! :)

I took a small travel iron/steamer aboard like Coolcruise02 also and never had a problem. Also agree that it really don't get very hot, just enough to get wrinkles out. Most irons come with a self timer so if you forget to shut it off it shuts off automatically. They are inexpensive and small enough you could pack it in your carryon. That is what I did.

The bathroom gets very steamy when you take a shower-we were able to steam out most wrinkles that way.

Booze smuggling does not really bug me. Iron smuggling much more so. Imagine if that ship caught on fire?:eek:

The bathroom gets very steamy when you take a shower-we were able to steam out most wrinkles that way.

Booze smuggling does not really bug me. Iron smuggling much more so. Imagine if that ship caught on fire?:eek:

I think the ship is more likely to be set on fire by drunk people smoking than it is by someone using a small iron while getting ready for dinner.

I agree with your shower tip though. We also bought a small Samsonite steamer and it worked really well (kind of slow, but it worked).

Tom

I have always taken a travel iron/steamer and never had a problem. You can get an inexpensive one at WalMart. I have only used it as a steamer. Just a note, it doesn't get very hot and won't take out deep wrinkles, but works fine for touch ups. I have also learned to pack with dry cleaner bags, zip lock bags and tissue paper. This has worked great! :)

How can I get dry cleaner bags w/out actually getting anything dry cleaned (have nothing to dry clean as of now/before cruise)? Can I purchase some at the dry cleaners? Thanks!

The dollar store down the street from me had "dress bags" for $1.00 each. They are made of plastic like dry cleaner bags, but zipped up the front. I really like them a lot. They last about two or three trips, but for $1.00 that's no tragedy.

The dollar store down the street from me had "dress bags" for $1.00 each. They are made of plastic like dry cleaner bags, but zipped up the front. I really like them a lot. They last about two or three trips, but for $1.00 that's no tragedy.

Thanks, Leela. I'll check the dollar stores by my place.:)

Archived