Complimentary spa hour on a back to back or is it a 14 day cruise?

Heather1972

Hi all,

I’m gold status on MSC. I’m supposed to get a complimentary one-hour thermal area session (once per cruise). I have a 14 day cruise booked with MSC on Seashore. Do I get 1 hour total for the 14 days or is once per 7 days? It’s a back to back that was booked as a 14 day cruise. You confused yet? 😉 

If you have one booking number, assume you have a 14-night cruise.

However, we know not to assume, so I say give it a try to get your perks on the second half, too.  A nice, non-demanding request might just get that hour of relaxation.

Not trying to break rules - but your long cruise will have been booked by others as two separate cruises, with double perks. 

9 hours ago, alohayall said:

If you have one booking number, assume you have a 14-night cruise.

However, we know not to assume, so I say give it a try to get your perks on the second half, too.  A nice, non-demanding request might just get that hour of relaxation.

Not trying to break rules - but your long cruise will have been booked by others as two separate cruises, with double perks. 

When it’s a sailing from the US and the ship returns to the embarkation port, it has to be cleared.  So a 14 night, which returns to the embarkation port after 7 nights, gets treated as 2 seven night cruises, even when there is only one booking number. (It’s a similar situation for the 10 night cruises which return mid-itinerary, too). 

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

When it’s a sailing from the US and the ship returns to the embarkation port, it has to be cleared.  So a 14 night, which returns to the embarkation port after 7 nights, gets treated as 2 seven night cruises, even when there is only one booking number. (It’s a similar situation for the 10 night cruises which return mid-itinerary, too). 

Do they also settle your account at the end of the first 7 days?

Very interesting. I have seen these portions listed as both individual legs and 14-nighters. But not until I started looking at MSC. (Indeed, I have not shopped all cruise lines).

Thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, alohayall said:

Do they also settle your account at the end of the first 7 days?

Very interesting. I have seen these portions listed as both individual legs and 14-nighters. But not until I started looking at MSC. (Indeed, I have not shopped all cruise lines).

Thanks for the info.

Our account wasn’t settled until the day of disembarkation. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Our account wasn’t settled until the day of disembarkation. 

I thought we must have had 2 separate booking numbers. As I think our account was, we certainly had to check in with the concierge on the 7th evening for the following week.

I've just checked my records and we had 1 booking number but 2 x 7 night cruises listed. There was an option of a 14 night cruise but it was significantly less expensive as 2 x 7 nights. 

9 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I thought we must have had 2 separate booking numbers. As I think our account was, we certainly had to check in with the concierge on the 7th evening for the following week.

I've just checked my records and we had 1 booking number but 2 x 7 night cruises listed. There was an option of a 14 night cruise but it was significantly less expensive as 2 x 7 nights. 

Hi Foxy

Our only experience was the 23 night cruise on Meraviglia from New York.  When we returned from Canada on the 10 night leg, the ship had to be cleared before it sailed for the 13 night repo to Miami.  We had thought we could stay onboard and spent the morning in TSL (you had left earlier that morning) and were practically last off as a result 🙄.   We had to wait in the terminal for re-embarkation, but we had a cruisecard that covered the whole 23 nights, so we never had to do another check-in.  They insisted onboard that we were on a B2B and we received 2 lots of VC perks because of it.  

Hi Bea, hope you're both keeping well.

We'd planned to stay at the One Pool on change over day, until I read about the zero count arrangement. We definitely had 2 cards. And you should collect the new ones before attempting re-embarkation, some idiots didn't and we couldn't get back on the ship 🙄😢 Fortunately, a butler came to our rescue.