Registering a credit card Medallion Class

NIkkiGR

Any one having concerns with registering a Credit card on the medallion app that will cover shore expenses as well as on board.

This step must be done to complete your check in. For those of you that have done this do you feel your cc info is safe. If we do not 

do it until we embark then we will be in a much slower lane apparently. This is very different from our cruise of November 2019

• Like 1

Double Post but I will reply to this one.

Last Fall, when I tried to register my credit card with the Medallion Class app, it accepted, then rejected.  It was later "concluded" that it was due to a upcoming expiration date.

So I tried again to do it with a new card.  Could not do it.  I was told over and over again by Medallion Class experts that they were working on it.  That it would be fixed.  I was talking to the experts waiting for my ride to the cruise terminal when I finally was able to get the card activated.  Wrong card, but it didn't matter.  I would go onboard and change the account.

BTW...if you offer a different card on board, the system does NOT talk to app.  Onboard and Onshore account information does not always mean the same.

Finally, I was able to get the card I wanted on the app and that information has remained for following cruises.  

You do not need to register a card before the cruise.  They can do it at the port.  Just hope your cabin mate can pick a time.  Tag along with cabin mate.

• Like 1

I did my cc for the onboard account. Princess has had it before, so I really am not that worried. As far as the shore expense one, after reading the thread and seeing the form that princess makes the vendors sign, I chose not to do that one. I kinda see why there aren't more vendors using it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I did my cc for the onboard account. Princess has had it before, so I really am not that worried. As far as the shore expense one, after reading the thread and seeing the form that princess makes the vendors sign, I chose not to do that one. I kinda see why there aren't more vendors using it.

Whole different (old) thread, but a good heads' up.  Vendors are really on the losing end of this "great service" by being docked a high percentage of sale.  I doo stay away from onshore purchases with app.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

It seemed I did not have a choice of not including shore expenses when I looked at it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NIkkiGR said:

It seemed I did not have a choice of not including shore expenses when I looked at it.

It definitely tries to implant that impression into your brain...but in all reality you don't have to use the app AT ALL.  Just present all of your documentation at the terminal.  (Make CERTAIN that you understand everything that is needed and can either produce it electronically or via hardcopy...or BOTH!)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NIkkiGR said:

If you've already inserted it you should be able to remove it. I had put all mind in till a cc member, who also was a merchant and showed the contract that they have to sign to be involved in it. That being said, I know you can remove it....but I'm old and can't remember how 🤣