Classic to premium upgrade: yet another question....

Married90

13 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Ok so just that I can confuse this more. I have a cruise scheduled for April 2023. I have the all included classic drink Pkg. I have not been able to find the upgrade from Classic to premium discount online?I think they confused this when they try to have you do the Indulge upgrade or Elevate upgrade for $30 and $60 each.

if I already have the classic pkg as part of all included it’s just the price difference between the 2 pkgs plus 20% gratuity plus any discount to go to premium? Correct?

Bad thing would be you don’t do it onboard then the bartender who signs you up doesn’t get credit. Maybe just tip the bartender you like extra?

The online was just to purchase the premium package, not upgrade. Near the bottom I saw a phone number to call to upgrade. Got thru pretty quickly. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, MamaFej said:

To me, this is absolutely silly. Customers should be able to make purchases online when logged in and have their discounts automatically applied. This is the case on countless websites, and I don't get why X doesn't do it that way. It seems that programming the site to apply the appropriate discount would be far more cost-efficient than having customer service agents do it. Those agents should be helping with things that don't make sense to have on the consumer end. Wait times would be shorter if the agents' time could be focused just on the more complicated stuff.

I'm obviously missing something, maybe the agents do additional upselling when customers call? I've never called.

Oops - my post got eaten - I ENDED it with an eyeroll haha...

However, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to any of this.  I completed final payment two weeks ago - it still says "call to upgrade'.

I only have preview status for CC and haven't even cruised with Celebrity before so it seems like it has nothing even to do with CC at all!  

Edited by WorkerBee74

On 7/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, Married90 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse yet a gain but I am confused.   What is the price for the upgrade from Classic to Premium drink package.  Several posts have said the upgrade cost is now $20 ($16 something plus 20% gratuity)  not $12 (as it used to be) .   Berried in X's FAQ's I have found posted the upgrade cost is $18 (no discussion of 20% gratuity upcharge).   If I look at my "plan your cruise"  Aug 28 cruise I can purchase online for $17.10 and when I put in in my checkout cart there is no markup for gratuity.  If I look at my Sept 4 cruise (We are doing a B2B)  It says call to upgrade with no option to buy online.   SO....    Is the regular price $20/day or $18/day?  If I call do I get 10% off for captains club and where does this $17.10 online come from????   Totally confused at the moment with X and pricing....

It cost $181 for 2 people for a 7 day cruise in August. This is with a 15% discount with Elite status. I had to call to due it - couldn't complete it online. I was able to complete it online for our April cruise.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:26 AM, Married90 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse yet a gain but I am confused.   What is the price for the upgrade from Classic to Premium drink package.  Several posts have said the upgrade cost is now $20 ($16 something plus 20% gratuity)  not $12 (as it used to be) .   Berried in X's FAQ's I have found posted the upgrade cost is $18 (no discussion of 20% gratuity upcharge).   If I look at my "plan your cruise"  Aug 28 cruise I can purchase online for $17.10 and when I put in in my checkout cart there is no markup for gratuity.  If I look at my Sept 4 cruise (We are doing a B2B)  It says call to upgrade with no option to buy online.   SO....    Is the regular price $20/day or $18/day?  If I call do I get 10% off for captains club and where does this $17.10 online come from????   Totally confused at the moment with X and pricing....

Our TA just called an upgraded us from Classic to Premium and the total cost was around $16 per person per day INCLUDING gratuities.  We will be on the Beyond for 14 nights. The price included our 10% discount for being Select status. 

• 9 months later...
On 7/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, MamaFej said:

To me, this is absolutely silly. Customers should be able to make purchases online when logged in and have their discounts automatically applied. This is the case on countless websites, and I don't get why X doesn't do it that way. It seems that programming the site to apply the appropriate discount would be far more cost-efficient than having customer service agents do it. Those agents should be helping with things that don't make sense to have on the consumer end. Wait times would be shorter if the agents' time could be focused just on the more complicated stuff.

I'm obviously missing something, maybe the agents do additional upselling when customers call? I've never called.

calling in is a nightmare - hours of hold time just for 10% off, sheesh!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just checked our 7 day cruise for Nov, 2024 on Apex and it is only $6.99/person/day to upgrade. I have no idea why it would be so cheap, but I'm on it! Any ideas? We are Elite, but it wouldn't normally discount it this much.image.png.f1ad0b834a4c5c5118f0b7c6036c9cd6.png

23 minutes ago, dugknight said:

I just checked our 7 day cruise for Nov, 2024 on Apex and it is only $6.99/person/day to upgrade. I have no idea why it would be so cheap, but I'm on it! Any ideas? We are Elite, but it wouldn't normally discount it this much.image.png.f1ad0b834a4c5c5118f0b7c6036c9cd6.png

I got the same $6.99 and upgraded DH and self for our 12 night in Feb 2024 Mardi Gras cruise.  with gratuities, cost us $200.  It is worth it for me as I love the smoothies and the premium package wines (10 & 20 year old Port after dinner too)

• Like 1

I have 2 cruises booked on the Ascent in 2024.  Have not made final payment on either cruise.

In the Cruise Planner for both cruises the upgrade from Classic to Premium was listed with the promotion of 53% discount.

I called the Captain's Club number and asked for pricing for the upgrade.  The rep gave me the going rate less my 15% Elite discount per person per day plus gratuity.  She then gave me the promotion price per person per day plus gratuity.  Clearly the promotion price was significantly better. 

On the phone less than 15 minutes and had upgraded for both cruises.  Simple.

• Like 1

@Married90, please let me weigh in on something @bigbenboys stated, but his message seems to have been a bit hijacked, I think. You are correct that when you put the 2 ‘upgrades’ for your Aug 28 cruise, your cart doesn’t say anything about a 20% gratuity. It very likely shows a charge of $119.70 for each person (which is $17.10 per person per day for a 7-night cruise.) 

BUT, after that, when you hit ‘check out’, the cost increases to $143.60 per person, because it is for this screen that they add the additional 20% gratuity to the upgrade.

Hope this helps!