Drone

Timelinex

I am taking a cruise next month from alaska to vancouver. Yes, I know drones are prohibited from being taken on board. I don't want to personally take it on board or use it within the span of my Alaskan cruise with Holland. But I am in Alaska for a week beforehand and wanted to use my drone on my own time then. 

My question is if I take the drone with me at embarkation, will they refuse entry or will they just take it away to store and give back to me at the end of the trip? The first would obviously be a problem, while the second is completely satisfactory.

From HAL "Know Before You Go" on their website:

Frequently Asked Questions | Holland America

Confiscated prohibited items are to be returned to Guest(s) ONLY on the actual day of disembarkation/end of voyage and ONLY after guest has scanned off at the gangway. Item(s) to be returned at a designated location shore-side (whether this be inside the terminal, a tent or table on the quay …) against and after verification of Confiscated Items Receipt and Guest’s Signature confirming return.”

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

Ok, so sounds like they just take it away, store it on the ship and you can pick it up during disembarkation.

Has anyone had to pick up confiscated stuff after? Is it a fast and smooth process or do you possibly have to wait extra time/hours for them to get things setup and organized?