Earliest COVID Emed Test for Rome for an American

glires

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Regal Princess which leaves Civitavecchia, Italy on Saturday's at 5 pm. We were planning to bring and use the Emed proctored COVID test kits.

I called Princess and they said they earliest the test can be done is on Thursdays. That is not 72 hours but 48 hours. Why can't we take the test on Wednesday?

Thanks for the help!

48 minutes ago, glires said:

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Regal Princess which leaves Civitavecchia, Italy on Saturday's at 5 pm. We were planning to bring and use the Emed proctored COVID test kits.

I called Princess and they said they earliest the test can be done is on Thursdays. That is not 72 hours but 48 hours. Why can't we take the test on Wednesday?

Thanks for the help!

The website says within 3 days.  Recheck the website again and go by that.  Some agents are new and they should check their own website if they don’t know.  Last update was July 12th.

• Like 1

I live chatted with Princess a few days ago with a similar question.  Leaving on a TA from Rome on a Thursday, and the agent said we could test at any time starting on Monday.  She said anytime within 3 days is allowed.  If I were you I'd contact Princess again to verify.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, glires said:

Hello,

Thanks for the help!

According to Princess' web site FAQs it is anytime within 3 days.  They count by the day not the hours:

Fully Vaccinated (ages 18 years old and above)

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days*

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from Europe - Princess Cruises

• Like 1