booking next cruise on board

My one dealing with next cruise resulted in a price that was £1000 higher than RCL online UK Price, they shut me down when I asked why and then gave me a long talk that if i dared look at an american travel agent I would be 'found out' as being from uk and any booking will be cancelled.

I walked away and booked online weeks later and saved a fortune. For me the offer of low deposits and onboard credits were worthless.

I'm from the UK so maybe it's different for USA folks but to me it was a waste of time.

As with everything these days do your research and don't take what anyone says as given.

5 hours ago, chris153 said:

Is it worth it to do this?  Are the staff helpful with choosing a cruise? We know we want alaska.  What kind of deals do you get?

Thanks in advance for your help.  

I do it all the time for a 7 night cruise or more.  Get On Board Credit.  I always know exactly what I want.  Go in there, tell them and I am done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

I do it all the time for a 7 night cruise or more.  Get On Board Credit.  I always know exactly what I want.  Go in there, tell them and I am done.

We typically book 10+ cruises at a time, and we are very particular about where and what category our cabin is. Booking onboard gives the ability to choose exactly what we want, when we want it, and if we get OBC or not, or reduced deposits or not is irrelevant. 

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

We typically book 10+ cruises at a time, and we are very particular about where and what category our cabin is. Booking onboard gives the ability to choose exactly what we want, when we want it, and if we get OBC or not, or reduced deposits or not is irrelevant. 

I have 18 booked right now, but only book the longer ones on board to get the OBC.  Rest of them I book from home.

30 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I have 18 booked right now, but only book the longer ones on board to get the OBC.  Rest of them I book from home.

We have 21 booked, and the only one less than 7 nights is the one that makes up the third leg of our current B3B. We booked this 5 night leg while onboard our second leg. Even with the last minute booking, we got $26 in obc

• Like 1

I always check the sailing/category/stateroom we want before leaving home.  Then, we visit the Next Cruise desk and tell them exactly what we want, and what the lowest price was that we saw before we left.  If they have that same price still available, and it comes with lower deposit, and OBC, I take it.  Then I have it automatically credited to my TA, so I can work with her from then on.

Edited by RhondaC