Are Covid Boosters Necessary to Board?

hernando52

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Depends where you are sailing to. 

This is to the southern Caribbean.  I couldn't find the answer to this question on NCL.COM. I'm asking for someone in my group & have to admit I am not up to date on the exact boarding rules for vaccination because I'm double boosted.

I don't think the NCL website is totally up to date. We had b2b cruises out of PR last January and we did not have to have a covid test after our cruise even though we were staying in PR a few days after our cruise.  PR rules changed during our cruise. 

41 minutes ago, hernando52 said:

This is to the southern Caribbean.  I couldn't find the answer to this question on NCL.COM. I'm asking for someone in my group & have to admit I am not up to date on the exact boarding rules for vaccination because I'm double boosted.

So, I gave you the link to the requirements by country above. Please consult. 

We've also been looking for clarification on this for an upcoming US/Canadian cruise. 

The CDC website (cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html) states "Fully Vaccinated: 2 weeks after final dose in primary series" but also states "Up to Date: Immediately after getting all boosters recommended for you".

NCL Sail Safe states "fully vaccinated", and says to check individual destination requirements.

NCL.com/Travel Requirements by Country:

Bermuda: following the links through to the Bermuda TA site, it states that boosters are not required to be considered "fully vaccinated" (which lines up with the CDC definition).

Canada states "fully vaccinated", no mention of "Up to Date" or boosters;

USA simply states "vaccinated", no mention "fully vaccinated", "Up to Date" or boosters;

Europe/EU Healthy Gateways provides good detail on required timing since initial vaccine doses and booster requirements.

We have a few months before we depart so will continue to watch if we'll need an additional booster or not.  I haven't noted any recent posts regarding 'booster' issues?

image.png

Thank you all.....I was confused about the "fully" and "up to date" terminology.....The 270 day number only applies to some countries in Europe.  Southern Caribbean does not require boosters and does not have a number of days that the primary series will be honored.