Club Orange

regan3

Can you refuse the cabin upgrade when purchasing Club Orange on HAL? Would spend a lot of time selecting the location of the cabin and like the other perks provided but would prefer to stay in the cabin location I select.

Is that possible?

• Like 1

I would think so, but cannot say for certain.  Most people take the upgrade, especially since they can pick the new location, but I certainly understand your situation.  I think you will be fine, but ask HAL for sure before you buy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, regan3 said:

So, you can pick your location with the upgrade?

Thank you for the replies!

Absolutely. You just call the number and go through all of the cabin options.  You can also change your cabin as many times as you wish.  We have CO on an upcoming cruise on the Rotterdam.  Our cruise was booked with our TA but I did the CO upgrade directly with HAL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, regan3 said:

So, if you book a verandah the upgrade would be to a signature suite?

No - its within you Mega Category (HAL's term) which would be Verandah.  But you could go from a VH to a VA for example.  IF you happened to pay extra to book the highest level Verandah in the first place, you would be out of luck on the upgrade.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

So how many different meta categories does HAL have for verandahs and when booking how do you know what meta category it is? I looked when booking but didn't see it but could have missed it.

39 minutes ago, colin v said:

Absolutely. You just call the number and go through all of the cabin options.  You can also change your cabin as many times as you wish.  We have CO on an upcoming cruise on the Rotterdam.  Our cruise was booked with our TA but I did the CO upgrade directly with HAL.

About a month or so ago, I booked Club Orange for a cruise on the N. Statendam that leaves next month.  I called HAL directly at the number someone had posted for CO, but was not allowed to book CO and was told I had to go through my online travel agent.  The most I could get out of the HAL agent was that CO was still available.  I wonder if the travel agent one is using makes a difference in booking directly.  I had given my booking number and the HAL agent referred me back to my travel agent by name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JesseLivermore said:

I will call tomorrow but what's the Club Orange  $ range for Alaska cruises these days?

Depends on the length of the cruise. Shorter ones = higher per day cost.

For a 4 day cruise, it was $25 per person, per day, a total of $200. For longer 14 day cruise coming up, I think we’ve paid $15 pp/per day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, regan3 said:

Can you refuse the cabin upgrade when purchasing Club Orange on HAL? Would spend a lot of time selecting the location of the cabin and like the other perks provided but would prefer to stay in the cabin location I select.

Is that possible?

Sure, you can refuse it. Note that if you’ve already booked the highest priced category in one meta-category grouping (such as verandahs or Vista Suites), sometimes people (including us) have been given on board credit instead of an upgrade.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

4 hours ago, regan3 said:

Is that possible?

You can choose your cabin and they will charge you for the cheapest cabin in that category.  IF I choose a mid level veranda stateroom I will be billed at the obstructed veranda rate if I purchase Club Orange on the Koningsdam.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, JesseLivermore said:

I will call tomorrow but what's the Club Orange  $ range for Alaska cruises these days?

It's $25 a person per day for cruises 7 days per less, and $15 a person per day for cruises longer than that.

• Thanks 1

Here's my take. Please feel free to give your thoughts on which type of cabin is worth purchasing Club Orange if you booked the lowest or lower categories within the cabin "meta".

If you booked:

Neptune Suite on any ship - No

On Zaandam/Volendam:

Vista Suite -  Probably No

Oceanview -  Maybe if you need to move to center of ship but No otherwise

Inside - Same as oceanview

On Vista Class or Signature Class:

Signature Suite - Probably No

Verandah - Yes if one of those aft verandahs are available. No otherwise

Oceanview - Yes if you have an obstructed oceanview. No otherwise unless you need to move to center

Inside - Yes - the J class interiors are well worth upgrading to

On Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam (Pinnacle Class):

Signature Suite - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Vista Suite - Maybe if you have Guarantee or the very front BC ones

Verandah - Yes if you have obstructed verandah or the aft ones are available and you like that location

Oceanview - Yes if you are in a family group of 3 or more (Not sure if you can upgrade from normal oceanview to family oceanview through Club Orange - can anyone confirm?)

Inside - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Edited by vicd1969
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

It's $25 a person per day for cruises 7 days per less, and $15 a person per day for cruises longer than that.

They should charge less for ships NOT in the Pinnacle Class, due to no Club Orange dining room.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

Here's my take. Please feel free to give your thoughts on which type of cabin is worth purchasing Club Orange if you booked the lowest or lower categories within the cabin "meta".

If you booked:

Neptune Suite on any ship - No

On Zaandam/Volendam:

Vista Suite -  Probably No

Oceanview -  Maybe if you need to move to center of ship but No otherwise

Inside - Same as oceanview

On Vista Class or Signature Class:

Signature Suite - Probably No

Verandah - Yes if one of those aft verandahs are available. No otherwise

Oceanview - Yes if you have an obstructed oceanview. No otherwise unless you need to move to center

Inside - Yes - the J class interiors are well worth upgrading to

On Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam (Pinnacle Class):

Signature Suite - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Vista Suite - Maybe if you have Guarantee or the very front BC ones

Verandah - Yes if you have obstructed verandah or the aft ones are available and you like that location

Oceanview - Yes if you are in a family group of 3 or more (Not sure if you can upgrade from normal oceanview to family oceanview through Club Orange - can anyone confirm?)

Inside - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Westerdam? My Kids would get it free.. But parents wont. 

Looking at  Balcony VF thru a travel agent