Monkeypox

The news is changing daily, but from what I've read non-sexual shipboard transmission would likely be from sitting on chairs and lounges used previously by an infected person (skin contact with the fabric of the chair) and bedspreads that aren't laundered between cruises. Table and countertops are cleaned regularly, and normal washing is sufficient -but it is not normal to sanitize chair cushions and other soft materials that get a lot of skin exposure, especially out on deck and around the pool. 

That said, a person is at their most infectious when they have an active rash/sores, and it is quite painful, so I think that there will be very few undiagnosed cases aboard. I would assume that suspected cases would be isolated, and their cabins thoroughly sanitized. 

I think the all-gay cruises will likely be the safest, simply because those passengers will be more fully vaccinated and aware. The best news, of course, is that the rate of transmission has slowed. The community has heeded the warnings and gotten vaccinated wherever possible. It's not over yet, but MAYBE we'll continue to see case rates decline. In the meantime, get vaccinated if you can. (It's just a smallpox booster.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 9:54 PM, Chad_O said:

before I make any decisions...would there be dinner before any said rubbing?  I just want to know the parameters. 😉

There will be dinner at an appropriate dining room, If things go well, then a second dinner in the upgraded restaurant will be in order, or on order for room svc .. 🙂

On 9/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, kanadakid said:

There will be dinner at an appropriate dining room, If things go well, then a second dinner in the upgraded restaurant will be in order, or on order for room svc .. 🙂

so many dinners...how you speak to my bear soul!

• 2 months later...