Question about start time of excursion & docking time

I purchased the Zipline/Gumbalimba park excursion through Royal Caribbean for the day we are at Roatan, Honduras. 

I’m confused right now, because the excursion says it starts at 8:45am. However, the cruise schedule says we don’t dock until 9am. In the app, under services/announcements, it says the ships arrival is 11am, and the gangway will be down at 11:30am.

Could the app be wrong?? And if not, will we still be able to do our excursion if we don’t dock til 11?  Why would it say the excursion starts at 8:45, if we don’t even be docked til 11?

I’m mainly concerned because I’m traveling with 4 teenagers/young adults who do NOT like to get up early, and I’m gonna have hell to pay if I get them up for 8:45am, and it doesn’t start until 11😂

9 hours ago, sne26 said:

I purchased the Zipline/Gumbalimba park excursion through Royal Caribbean for the day we are at Roatan, Honduras. 

I’m confused right now, because the excursion says it starts at 8:45am. However, the cruise schedule says we don’t dock until 9am. In the app, under services/announcements, it says the ships arrival is 11am, and the gangway will be down at 11:30am.

Could the app be wrong?? And if not, will we still be able to do our excursion if we don’t dock til 11?  Why would it say the excursion starts at 8:45, if we don’t even be docked til 11?

I’m mainly concerned because I’m traveling with 4 teenagers/young adults who do NOT like to get up early, and I’m gonna have hell to pay if I get them up for 8:45am, and it doesn’t start until 11😂

Relax, just wait until you board by which time the information will be accurate. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:49 AM, the penguins said:

Relax, just wait until you board by which time the information will be accurate. 

Thanks, I will.  That is what I'm hoping for

On 7/26/2022 at 6:26 AM, UKWLDCruise said:

usually the excursion start time is the meeting time, normally in the theatre, so it could be before your docking time.  

Yes, I realize it the meeting time could be prior to docking time, but 2 1/2 hours before??  15 mins before makes sense... but over 2 hours prior does not make sense to me

Your tickets will have updated time and location.   If theater they probably won't even open until  30 minutes before docking. Usually theater is used for tours leaving early.   

By the way,  ship time can be two hours different from shore time in Roatan.