RCL Cozumel SCUBA Excursion -- anyone know the op?

I have booked a two-tank dive directly with RCL during our stop in Cozumel at the end of August. Does anyone know the operator they use? Is it a cattle boat, or something a bit more intimate? Do they do the more southern sites like Santa Rosa and Palancar Gardens? I do like that it's a 12:30 start, so I don't have to be part of the scramble to rush off the ship first thing upon docking, but I really don't like diving on the same boat with people doing Discover Scuba excursions.

I did just hear from one of my preferred operators on the island that they have a spot available on their 10:00 a.m. Express Boat. I'm thinking that might be a better choice, since I've dived with them before and have a pretty good idea of what to expect (small boat, 4-6 divers max, more northern dive sites). 

It's Sand Dollar Sports.  The last time they had a fatal accident on a cruise excursion has been several years, so should be fine.  😕

I wish I was kidding, but they had a fatal accident involving a diver on a Celebrity Excursion in 2012, and more recently (2019) had their dive boat sink with passengers from both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Equinox. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

3 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Yeahhhhhhh.... I think you've helped make up my mind, Harris.

I've seen the Sand Dollar Sports boats around, and they're all big cattle boats, IIRC. I'll cancel the RCL excursion and book with Dive Paradise. I've gone with them a few times, and had pretty good experiences.

If Dive Paradise doesn't work out for you for any reason, I have another option for Cozumel now also.  A friend who's one of Cozumel's best instructors has now started his own operation.

Harris

Denver, CO