Peninsular points on Princess?

Ess001

Hi - I seem to recall that you used to be able to get some P&O loyalty club benefits recognised on a Princess cruise. I am Baltic level and wonder if this is still the case if I 'jump ship' to Princess?

thanks

Ess

18 minutes ago, BrianI said:

It used to be the case but alas no longer.

Brian

I thought it depended when you earned them, I wonder if they predate the point that Princess ceased accepting them, whether they would still qualify.

If you had sailed with P & O before December 2017 you could get the points added if you had booked, but not necessarily sailed, a Princess cruise before that date. Now it seems some people have been lucky and have had the points added recently. It's a bit hit and miss but I would say it is always worth asking and saying that others have had them added. 

I dug this out;

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:
1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.
2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.
3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.
Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincir...pBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.
4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,
Princess Cruises

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Just out of interest- any idea why they did this? Quite nifty!

I remember there being a lot of complaints about the number of people having Elite status on some Princess ships and it playing havoc with the free laundry service. 

Our second cruise was on Sea Princess which funnily enough took the name of our first cruise ship Victoria formerly being Sea Princess. Before that it was the Kungsholm and after P&O sold it the Mona Lisa. It would have been around 2003 we sailed on the Sea Princess and I'm pretty sure you got half the number of points towards what was the Portunas Club, now the Peninsular Club as part of the Carnival group. More regular older sailors would remember the P.O.S.H. Club but this was before we started sailing.

51 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Our second cruise was on Sea Princess which funnily enough took the name of our first cruise ship Victoria formerly being Sea Princess. Before that it was the Kungsholm and after P&O sold it the Mona Lisa. It would have been around 2003 we sailed on the Sea Princess and I'm pretty sure you got half the number of points towards what was the Portunas Club, now the Peninsular Club as part of the Carnival group. More regular older sailors would remember the P.O.S.H. Club but this was before we started sailing.

I was in the posh club and I’m not that old!  I started sailing in my 20s 

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I remember there being a lot of complaints about the number of people having Elite status on some Princess ships and it playing havoc with the free laundry service. 

We actually reached Elite on Princess before we reached Caribbean on P&O.  I must admit that I am not particularly bothered with loyalty status on any line other than for the free laundry service on Princess and OH agrees with me  because :

a) I pack less so cases are lighter for him to move around

b) I don't visit the laundry during the cruise

c) I don't winge about having lots of laundry to do when we get home

15 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Just out of interest- any idea why they did this? Quite nifty!

It was to do with people becoming Elite members with Princess and had never actually sailed with them, from memory!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We actually reached Elite on Princess before we reached Caribbean on P&O.  I must admit that I am not particularly bothered with loyalty status on any line other than for the free laundry service on Princess and OH agrees with me  because :

a) I pack less so cases are lighter for him to move around

b) I don't visit the laundry during the cruise

c) I don't winge about having lots of laundry to do when we get home

We did use the laundry service on our last cruise as it was our first as Elite but I did not send any of my underwear ( don't think I could wear them afterwards not knowing how many hands they had been through) hubby didn't seem to mind his going. I didn't send my jeggings or t-shirts as was worried about them shrinking. So all in all it was mainly hubby's stuff we sent. We did send his dinner suit down , not sure how or if it was cleaned but it came back nicely pressed as did all his shirts. Even my nightie came back pressed and on a coat hanger. 

16 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Had this free laundry service with Princess for years and only ever used it once!!!!!   3 items came back RUINED lol

20 minutes ago, yamanid said:

Had this free laundry service with Princess for years and only ever used it once!!!!!   3 items came back RUINED lol

Yes I think you have to be careful what you send down which is why as I said above I didn't send anything that could shrink. I didn't send any of my evening dresses either. But it is really handy for anyone that are flying to the cruise. 

30 minutes ago, yamanid said:

I have used it ever since I reached Elite and have never had anything damaged but I don't send anything that is a delicate fabric or beaded.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:27 PM, galeforce9 said:

I was in the posh club and I’m not that old!  I started sailing in my 20s 

Sorry, not meaning to say you are old. We didn't start cruising until 2002 and it was Portunas then and the way P.O.S.H. Club was spoken about by those in that club sounded like it was quite a few years earlier. Besides I am nearly 72 and sometimes feel it and sometimes don't. It was said, but some dispute this that P.O.S.H. meant Port Out Starboard Home ? Obviously the current Peninsular Club name comes from Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company or P&O as we now know it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Sorry, not meaning to say you are old. We didn't start cruising until 2002 and it was Portunas then and the way P.O.S.H. Club was spoken about by those in that club sounded like it was quite a few years earlier. Besides I am nearly 72 and sometimes feel it and sometimes don't. It was said, but some dispute this that P.O.S.H. meant Port Out Starboard Home ? Obviously the current Peninsular Club name comes from Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company or P&O as we now know it.

No offence!!  My first cruise was in 1997 - my honeymoon on Oriana 😁

Just now, galeforce9 said:

No offence!!  My first cruise was in 1997 - my honeymoon on Oriana 😁

We loved Oriana and sailed on her on her last season. I have been on most of P&O ships except Arcadia and Iona. We are due to sail on Ventura and Iona next year. That will be our first cruise since 2018 as we have had  one on Ventura cancelled in 2021 due to Covid and one which we cancelled due to an itinerary change in February this year which was due to call in at New Orleans, Key West, Miami and Port Canaveral but these were all dispensed with and another stop in the Azores and another Caribbean island put in place. I also understand from another writer on this forum that one or other of Belize or Roatan was also missed therefore rather more sea days than we liked. P&O did however give the option of a pretty good increase in OBC or total refund or to transfer to another cruise which is what we did.

• Like 1