Connecting to the stateroom TVs on Norwegian Epic

Eivind

Do the TVs in the staterooms/cabins on the Norwegian Epic have HDMI ports accessible to the guests? So that you can e.g. connect your computer to the screen.

Or do the TVs have USB ports and can play media from a USB stick?

Just considering whether or not there's any point in bringing along some media (and a HDMI cable) if we ever want to have some downtime and watch something in the evening.

Thank you! 

I can't speak directly to Epic, but I tried to plug into the HDMI ports on the TVs in our cabins on both Getaway and Breakaway earlier this year, and the TV did not recognize the new connection. I could not find a way to switch to that port using either the remote or the TV buttons. It seemed they had disabled the ports. Hope that is helpful.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, Eivind said:

Do the TVs in the staterooms/cabins on the Norwegian Epic have HDMI ports accessible to the guests? So that you can e.g. connect your computer to the screen.

Or do the TVs have USB ports and can play media from a USB stick?

Just considering whether or not there's any point in bringing along some media (and a HDMI cable) if we ever want to have some downtime and watch something in the evening.

Thank you! 

try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Btdd4A79bE&t=2s

I cannot specifically comment on the Epic's HDTV port (including whether one of the HDMI port) is active and usage - but ... assuming it is branded "Sole TV" using HDMI for its input signal, then - it should work (by carefully disconnecting & not damaging anything) the HDMI cable input.  Connect your own source signal/HDMI cable to the same "port" on the back or side of the HDTV, and, your signal should come thru.  

If their HDTV has been updated to something newer, like a LG or Samsung brand, which uses a locking RG-59 coaxial/cable connector plug or RJ-45/ethernet style plug, then the above method won't work successfully, as its input source was firmware locked down and, most likely, not switchable with an universal remote to one of the other HDMI port for its input signal.  

Having said that, I had good luck & success on the Breakaway, Escape, Getaway and even the Joy as the HDMI port was enabled, just a matter of connecting to the proper output signal.  With the Dawn & Gem being out of dry dock in recent times pre-Covid, their HDTV were firmware locked down - no input signal via HDMI.  

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I cannot specifically comment on the Epic's HDTV port (including whether one of the HDMI port) is active and usage - but ... assuming it is branded "Sole TV" using HDMI for its input signal, then - it should work (by carefully disconnecting & not damaging anything) the HDMI cable input.  Connect your own source signal/HDMI cable to the same "port" on the back or side of the HDTV, and, your signal should come thru.  

But the input is not HDMI