Solo diners

lovetosew

What is Princesses policy as to solo diners.  Do they tuck us behind the door to the kitchen or are we seated at tables of other solos?  When I dine I know that parties of couples can be somewhat inclusive and that is understandable.  Just want to know what some of the rules of the road are before I sail alone.

5 minutes ago, lovetosew said:

What is Princesses policy as to solo diners.  Do they tuck us behind the door to the kitchen or are we seated at tables of other solos?  When I dine I know that parties of couples can be somewhat inclusive and that is understandable.  Just want to know what some of the rules of the road are before I sail alone.

I travel solo.    And if I’m directed to a spot I don’t like I ask for a better seat.   I’d never sit behind the kitchen door.  Lolol.  
they tried to do that to me on a CC and I politely asked for a different table.  And was given a nice window seat at a 4 top.  
I have no problem sitting with another group of willing pax, great way to meet people on the ship     
live also meet people on ship and was invited to dine with them too.   
guess it all depends on your personality and willingness to meet others.   

I myself always Look to meet new people on my cruises.   Especially my balcony neighbors.  I enjoy chatting with my neighbors on my balcony.  
I’ve always had great experiences with that.   

I've traveled solo on my last several cruises. You can ask to share a table. There's not a special table set aside for solo travelers. If you go to dinner later, you might find that no one else is requesting a shared table, in which case you'll be eating alone. Many times, though, they'll seat you at a table for two close enough to other tables for two to talk to others if they're amenable to having a conversation.

When I was on the Caribbean in December, I started a conversation with a couple beside me at a table for two as they were starting their desserts. I asked them what they had ordered for their previous courses to get recommendations. We were having a good conversation. They stayed and talked and ended up ordering another round of dessert for themselves when I ordered my dessert.

When my husband and I travelled with my sister, we shared a table with two other solo ladies.  One we absolutely loved, and ended up making friends with. The other one was cause for some interesting post dinner conversation, lol. 

• Haha 4