Qatar Airlines?

swayingpalms2

Does anyone know if Viking Air has a contract with Qatar Airlines or specifically OneWorld Alliance to code share with American Airlines?  We are flying into Mumbai and out of Bangkok with airfare included, but have paid for Air Plus.  We would really like to avoid Europe for now and would prefer Qatar Airlines as the routing is so much more direct with weather/airport issues not being a factor.  Due to the fact that airfare was included in our cruise, we do want to make use of it.

1 hour ago, swayingpalms2 said:

Does anyone know if Viking Air has a contract with Qatar Airlines or specifically OneWorld Alliance to code share with American Airlines?  We are flying into Mumbai and out of Bangkok with airfare included, but have paid for Air Plus.  We would really like to avoid Europe for now and would prefer Qatar Airlines as the routing is so much more direct with weather/airport issues not being a factor.  Due to the fact that airfare was included in our cruise, we do want to make use of it.

With Air Plus, you can request a Qatar flight as your first choice. Worst case scenario is you may have to pay extra for your preferred routing.

Just now, Heidi13 said:

With Air Plus, you can request a Qatar flight as your first choice. Worst case scenario is you may have to pay extra for your preferred routing.

My TA said that they couldn't because they don't have contracts with Qatar and couldn't find any code-shares to use.

I tried calling Viking and they wouldn't allow me to speak with the Air department as we are not within 60 days of travel.

3 minutes ago, swayingpalms2 said:

My TA said that they couldn't because they don't have contracts with Qatar and couldn't find any code-shares to use.

I tried calling Viking and they wouldn't allow me to speak with the Air department as we are not within 60 days of travel.

Suggest calling back until you get an agent that both knows what they are talking about and will also take the time. Other option is to contact tellus@vikingcruises.com

13 hours ago, swayingpalms2 said:

I have Air Plus and although the recording says they are only dealing with travelers within 60 days of their cruise, I hold for an agent, tell them i have Air Plus and they talk to me.

11 minutes ago, BobCatter said:

Viking Air booked our flights on Qatar out of Hong Kong in October.

1.  Are you from the US?

2. Was it an issue of being stranded or was this booked beforehand?

My TA spoke with someone who took more time today and again the response is that Viking has no contracts with Qatar Airway.

12 minutes ago, swayingpalms2 said:

1.  Are you from the US?

2. Was it an issue of being stranded or was this booked beforehand?

My TA spoke with someone who took more time today and again the response is that Viking has no contracts with Qatar Airway.

Yes, we are US.
We are 58 days out from embarking, so this is already ticketed. Maybe they only have contracts from certain cities with Qatar Airways.

Edited by BobCatter