Can you add travel insurance with 45 days to go?

How late are you able to add Travel Insurance?

Would it help pay to bring you home if there was a medical emergency in your immediate family (stateside)?

Family health has changed since our original booking 

You can purchase insurance at any time.  The rccl insurance has to be purchased through their  3rd party vendor if you are within final payment.  That is cruise insurance and likely will not provide emergency travel assistance if you need to travel home. 

Go to a site like "insure my trip dot com" to looks at plans that meet your needs.  

Best wishes.

23 minutes ago, eem0924 said:

Would it help pay to bring you home if there was a medical emergency in your immediate family (stateside)?

It's worth calling a travel insurance company to find out about the situation I think you are trying to benefit from.

Having said that, I don't think any USUAL travel insurance will cover the cost of a trip home for anyone other than those named on the policy, actually are sick, injured, and/or a traveling companion of yours, and are actually on the trip with you.  Having said all that, I really don't know for sure.  That's why I suggest you call.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, eem0924 said:

There is an insurance forum here on CC.  Click on this link, then call  Steve Dasseos.Cruise/Travel Insurance - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eem0924 said:

You are asking the wrong question. Your problem is not about time - you can insure up to the day of departure. You are trying to insure against a known event. In the UK if you did this, without declaring the reason, it would be fraudulent. Whilst I am sorry for your problem it's another example of why you should insure immediately you make a booking. Our Annual Travel policy covers us against the the problem you face but only if we didn't know about it at the time the insurance was taken out.