Chukka Good Hope in Jamaica

I posted in the ports of call board for Jamaica but have not had any responses. We will be on Liberty this fall with a stop in Falmouth from 8-4. My family is leaning toward one of the tours at Good Hope that included the river tubing and zipline. There are 2 different packages, the Ultimate and Eco that have both. The Eco tour is cheaper and is missing the bamboo rafting, which no one minds missing, but also does not include lunch. Has anyone done either of these tours and have any insight? The teens would also like to play in the waterfalls, pool, and water slide but not sure on how much time we will have to just relax. If lunch isn't included, what are food prices like?

I don't know what the current prices are; but I did a Good Hope plantation excursion and the included lunch was jerk chicken, rice, beans plated meal.  It was very basic and "fair"; enough on an excursion to hold us over.  It was a bit of a bus ride out and back; pack some protein bars either way.  

• Like 1

Hi,

I’d like to join in the conversation.  We’ll be on the Harmony in September & I booked a Chukka Excursion.

It looks like we booked the very basic tour that Royal offers. Transportation & I think lunch.  

So, once there whatever we want to actually do is an extra cost. Right? Just want to confirm …

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi

9 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I’d like to join in the conversation.  We’ll be on the Harmony in September & I booked a Chukka Excursion.

It looks like we booked the very basic tour that Royal offers. Transportation & I think lunch.  

So, once there whatever we want to actually do is an extra cost. Right? Just want to confirm …

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi

This is one of the other things I was curious about. If we can just add the river tubing and my kids can add the zipline once we are there that might be an option. Especially since moods change and what if they don't want to zipline or whatever? I would rather do something low key and decide what to do as we go where the teens can choose to participate or not based on the day to reduce drama. Good Hope seem to have more adventure for them and the river tubing looks fun.

Our experience back last December might be different but at that time you couldn't add experiences.   You. Had to travel on same bus both ways.

We had some people with zip line/tubing and others tubing only.   Zip line folks walked to put in point.  Tube only folks rode farther upstream.  We saw them walk by as we were gearing up for zip line but didn't see them again until end of both tours.

You could always call or email Chukka.  They run a ton of the Falmouth tours. 

The 14 year old loved zip lines. The 7 year old loved the long tubing.  She was first in line behind guide.

Tipping is separate for each experience so bring cash both on zip line and tubing. 

Edited by LeeW
More
  • Like 1

I actually did speak to them through the website and Chukka was unhelpful on time needed or more than asking if I needed help booking. This is why I wanted other opinions. I was looking to book directly through them as the ship tour isn't quite what we want, unless we could add stuff once we were at Good Hope. I also don't want to make the entire day packed and risk getting back to the ship on time.

Did you book through the ship or direct? How much free time did you have after the tubing and zipline portion? Is it packed and rigid during the tubing or did you get to relax and enjoy it? I am not sure I am physically able to do the zipline but the teens are.

11 hours ago, LeeW said:

Our experience back last December might be different but at that time you couldn't add experiences.   You. Had to travel on same bus both ways.

We had some people with zip line/tubing and others tubing only.   Zip line folks walked to put in point.  Tube only folks rode farther upstream.  We saw them walk by as we were gearing up for zip line but didn't see them again until end of both tours.

You could always call or email Chukka.  They run a ton of the Falmouth tours. 

The 14 year old loved zip lines. The 7 year old loved the long tubing.  She was first in line behind guide.

Tipping is separate for each experience so bring cash both on zip line and tubing.  

I’m  a bit confused.  

Are you saying we all leave the ship (Royals Excursion) and drop people off at their activity? Zip line place? Tubing place? Other activities?

I didn’t envision a paid excursion where we are dropping off people and then picking up those people up along a route  —while we all wait on a bus.

Usually there is ONE Drop Off and Pick Up location for everyone.  

Explaining this in writing sounds silly to me …. What am I missing here?

Thanks! 🙂🙂

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

On 7/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, scubaslayer said:

Did you book through the ship or direct? How much free time did you have after the tubing and zipline portion? Is it packed and rigid during the tubing or did you get to relax and enjoy it? I am not sure I am physically able to do the zipline but the teens are.

Cruise ship excursion.  Maybe 1/2 hour excess time (folks on tubing only could use pools and slides for an hour or so).  Tubing is a gentle drift with a few ripples.  Guide likes to splash the kids.  Not much time for shopping or snack.  Forty-ish DIL didn't like the ziplines but she has motion sickness issues and her first time.  I'm 72 and had no problems other than guides calling me Papa Smurf.  Climbs are 10-15 steps at most.  You do have to slow the ride with your glove a couple of times but this is easy.  About 6 ziplines, including one over river you tube on.  DIL, son, and I went with 14 year old granddaughter who REALLY wanted to go.  Had more booked for more recent cruise but excursion was cancelled by cruise line.

• Like 1